Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saddle hunting question…

Easily the hottest tread for past 2 years. I got my set up today

Why hasn’t anyone designed a compact way to transport platform and sticks yet? Seriously there is nothing available that’s

A. Slimmer than my lone wolf alpha and 4 sticks
    B. Much if any lighter than lone wolf
    C.cost less than a F250

I will use a day pack, that seems like it’s a must. Don’t want one… don’t need “stuff”… need a stand

Any of the many on here got a solution? Sticks I prefer are lone wolf original. I have some hawk… they suck. Have gaffs… prefer not to go back that route (too old now. Lol)

Not much help but a couple thoughts.
    A platform has got to be smaller that the lock-on.
    Either way you gotta get up the tree.
    Last year I used a Cays pack, 3 mini sticks with an aider, and a predator xl platform. Everything packs nicely. No complaints except the pack itself isn’t as light as I would prefer.
    This year I’m trying one sticking. Drops a few more lbs, packs smaller, and is quicker on the decent. Still using the cays pack till I find something I like better

Comment

Weight of backpack that wasn’t needed before and the weight difference ain’t as much as one would hope for the cost of investment. One stick is too much monkey motion for me. They really have over complicated things in the name of making YouTube videos

I found an old bone collector aluminum stand. It’s crazy light!…. And the most horrific stand I’ve ever owned. Lol. I’ll never hunt from it again. Everything I need lays on it and straps flat. I’m gonna remove the upper section and weight it loaded. If we are close, I can remove 2/3 of the cross bars. Only issue is, now I have a frame at my stand that I’d rather not be there…

Comment

The cays 2.0 was a pack I looked at last night

Comment

Yes sir, the cays 2.0 is what I have. It’s a well thought out pack just not that light.
          I wasn’t excited about one sticking at first. But it really isn’t any more work going up then using multiple sticks. The upside is I can go as high or as low as I want with just one stick and rappelling down is so much quicker. But…. I’m hanging onto all my sticks and stands Incase I decide it isn’t for me later.

Comment

Are you able to put sticks on the side of pack and they stay put? Or move around?

Comment

Probably not much help but this was my solution over buying a pack. I don’t hunt Public as much as I’d like and found myself using the same 4 different trees over and over on my personal property. To make it easier for me so I’m not packing everything all the time I bought the 20’ ladder sections and set them up in the 4 trees. Now all I have to do is tote my bow and platform.

I still have a set of sticks for anytime I decide to wonder off to public or elsewhere.

Basically have 4 permanent stands that I can go to quickly and get comfortable quick.

Comment

Yea that won’t work you my main purpose. I rarely hunt the same tree more than once or twice

Comment

I wear my saddle in. I carry my Predator platform in a US Army sustainment pouch MOLLE connected and strapped to my backpack. I use an old bow sling to carry my sticks. Works great.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s hauling more gear than I currently am with a full stand the saddle is a no brainer, and platform is an easy solution if using my gaffs, but a set of sticks so far has me wishing I would have spent this house payment on a lone Wolf custom gear set up. So far beat solution I’m seeing is the cays … at another $150+ into this adventure

Comment

Tagged. I’m on the fence between a Novix and sticks or a saddle and sticks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought the archery back pack from Academy last year for mine. Similar to cays 2.0 but a lot cheaper. Not sure how they compare quality wise. I have a Predator Platform that can fit inside or on the outside and 2 climbing sticks on each side. I also added a 2 step amsteel aider on my bottom sticj and a single on the second stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                          That’s hauling more gear than I currently am with a full stand the saddle is a no brainer, and platform is an easy solution if using my gaffs, but a set of sticks so far has me wishing I would have spent this house payment on a lone Wolf custom gear set up. So far beat solution I’m seeing is the cays … at another $150+ into this adventure
                          You can definitely spend a lot of $$$ on saddle hunting. Other than my saddle, platform and tether (with Ropeman) I have repurposed a lot of gear. I had the sticks, had the pack, had the bow sling, made my aiders out of mule tape, made my lineman's belt.

I am going to drop some more $$$ on a new Overwatch Outdoors Orion pleated saddle. I am also going to a 8mm tether with a friction hitch and tender to replace my 10mm tether and Ropeman. If you know anyone looking for a saddle and tether I got them for sale.

I have a Novix Helo that I picked up for $205.00 last year. I love it for a light weight stand. They recently went up to $339.99.[emoji26]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Picture with Platform on the outside.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                              Tagged. I’m on the fence between a Novix and sticks or a saddle and sticks.

This is all I need. That’s as flat and simple as it gets. And that’s an alpha, I could shrink it more with smaller models. SO FAR I haven’t come up with a saddle transportation system even close to that package

Upper- mid level saddle system will cost $800+ all in and done. Easily break $1k with magic nasa space ship sticks

At that price point the custom gear by lone wolf can’t be touched as far a pack able
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X