DIY Gravity Feed Rat Poison Station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY Gravity Feed Rat Poison Station

After a field rat decided to chew on a relay under the hood of my truck that cost me $500 to get fixed I have decided to go to war with ALL vermin at our place.

I use fresh-cab inside the building and it works awesome but outside it's a different story.

I made 5 of these tubes and put the TOMCAT Rat poison in them.

The tubes are 4in in diameter.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ballgame; 08-10-2015, 11:35 AM.

Those look great. Nothing like having rats destroy your property to make you think how to wage war on them.

Comment

that's too cool!
      deff gonna fallow along

Comment

I could see some crumbs and bite marks on the poison after only one night of these being out.

It makes me so happy knowing those little B******* are feeling some serious pain right now!

Comment

In for the kill

Comment

They look great! Good luck.

Comment

That's a pretty slick idea.

Comment

Great idea, thanks for sharing. Gonna put some on the boat, darn rats/mice ate a hole in my fuel line and cut one power cord to the accessory fuse box.

Comment

For those looking to build these.

I used sewage pvc not sch40.

I was able to build 5 of these for right at $60 and I used almost all of the pvc I bought (2-10ft pieces)

The Horizontal tubes are 18in long

The vertical tube in about 8in long.

The "Rod" is 8/32 and 12 inches long, the rat poison comes pre-drilled with a perfect sized hole if you buy the 4lb tub of TOMCAT Rat poison.

I was able to fit 6 "poison biscuits" on the rod.

Comment

Very cool! As the saying goes, “necessity is the mother of invention".

Comment

Awaiting ldp

Comment

You should patent that thing

Comment

Originally posted by Corn Sack View Post
                          You should patent that thing
                          There is already one out there. It costs more money of course.

Just google rat bait station.

Comment

I bought some of the bait stations with the block already in them. **** rats are so big they can't get to poison and chew on outside. Going to be building some of these soon

Comment

Im in a battle in west texas with field mice. Its more to keep the rattlesnakes away. (One went under our cabin last week before we could kill him). I spend big money on rat poison for the place. I am a big fan of the sticky pads. If I could find one that was as big as a coffee table I would buy it. I come back from being away from the place and find them stacked on those lil sheets. I put out 10 last time I was there. I still rat bait the place up though.

Comment

Working...
                              X