Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
    I'd give maybe $2 per year. Still a large markup for a retailer
    Yeah about the same here. It's good but ain't THAT good to me. However I have buddies that buy it secondary they like it so much!

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
      Yeah about the same here. It's good but ain't THAT good to me. However I have buddies that buy it secondary they like it so much!
      I got a 15 secondary for my anniversary gift. I would never spend that again but it was cool to have.

Comment

Originally posted by NDN98 View Post
        Opened this one tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And how is it? Curious minds......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by wdtorque View Post

Also interested in the OPs opinion.. the one i have is freakin awesome.. Lots of heat but unmatched flavor

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
            are you selling any at those prices?
            We move through it quickly. The 23yr will last a couple months, the 10yr and 12yr will be poured through in 32-3 weeks.

Comment

It was quite tasty and scary smooth for that high of proof. I actually prefer the Elijah Craig Barrel Proof to some of the other barrel proofs, particularly Stagg Jr.

Comment

It was quite tasty and scary smooth for that high of proof. I actually prefer the Elijah Craig Barrel Proof to some of the other barrel proofs, particularly Stagg Jr.

Good to hear. I've got a couple of the later batches, haven't had it in a bit. I've had some EHTBP recently that was Stellar. [emoji4]

Comment

Mine was like paint thinner at first then after a month or two after opening turned great and has been ever since

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                    Mine was like paint thinner at first then after a month or two after opening turned great and has been ever since

I frequently find that some bourbons I don’t like initially seem to improve after I let them sit a few weeks. Not sure if it is the oxidation taking place or my palate changing.

Comment

I frequently find that some bourbons I don’t like initially seem to improve after I let them sit a few weeks. Not sure if it is the oxidation taking place or my palate changing.

That one was definitely oxidation. I haven’t opened an ‘18 yet though that was a ‘17

Comment

My wife picked this up for me today. I had a rough day so I had 1 tonight. It's weird. Best way I can describe it lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Snacks View Post
                          We move through it quickly. The 23yr will last a couple months, the 10yr and 12yr will be poured through in 32-3 weeks.
                          Sorry when I did that reply I didn’t see the 2oz size or realize you were talking about a great restaurant. Those prices were relatively close to retail so I eagerly read it as someone spread love of bottles at retail price.

Comment

It’s one of my favorite bourbons I’ve ever had, but I like hot bourbon. It definitely gets better when it breathes a bit

Comment

On a barrel proof kick this week.

Comment

On a barrel proof kick this week.

117 ?

That’s gotta have one hellava finish to it !!

Comment

Working...
                                X