No announcement yet.

Old Mexico 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are some really awesome bucks fellas.. Congrats!!
    Are ya'll able to get the capes across?

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
      Those are some really awesome bucks fellas.. Congrats!!
      Are ya'll able to get the capes across?
      We probably won’t try until January. That said, I have been considering getting my work done in Mexico just due to all the headaches I am hearing about. Sounds like farmdog had an interesting experience, which reinforces that this year will likely be much of the same.

I would prefer to get my work done in the states, but not at the expense of losing the original cape.
      Last edited by texas shag; 11-23-2018, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Wonder if you can get the just the hide tanned in mexico, then cross to your fav taxi here?
        Our owner had a mount done for us 2 years ago in mex that turned out ok.
        If its a giant Id want my guy to do it here.

Comment

Originally posted by texas shag View Post
          We probably won’t try until January. That said, I have been considering getting my work done in Mexico just due to all the headaches I am hearing about. Sounds like fermdog has an interesting experience, which reinforces that this year will likely be much of the same.

I would prefer to get my work done in the states, but not at the expense of losing the original cape.
          I hear you.. Those capes are very hard to replace.. The body sizes and head sizes of those Mexico bucks are just not all that normal on this side of the river BUT they can be found in a few areas.. Getting your hands on one is a totally different story.. Prepare to pay a premium in most cases..

Comment

I hear you.. Those capes are very hard to replace.. The body sizes and head sizes of those Mexico bucks are just not all that normal on this side of the river BUT they can be found in a few areas.. Getting your hands on one is a totally different story.. Prepare to pay a premium in most cases..
            I know a guy who has a few big Mexico capes

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For the right price I may have some tanned in the freezer. Bales of Mexico capes coming across soon. Bigger demand than pot.

Comment

Originally posted by hogmess View Post
                  For the right price I may have some tanned in the freezer. Bales of Mexico capes coming across soon. Bigger demand than pot.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post

Saul Senisa

Comment

I’m still trying to figure out the big deal on crossing capes...... I’ve gotten over 95% of capes across.

It’s simple. If you put forth the time to inspect and clean them then you’ve got a higher than 95% chance of getting them across.

When you put in less time cleaning them than the agent is going to put in, inspecting them then your chances of getting them across is slim.

If the cape is that important to you then invest the time in making sure they are tick free.

I personally invest a lot of time and money in hunting Mexico. It’s important to me that when I shoot a great deer worth mounting that I will invest the time to make sure my cape doesn’t get kicked back.

It is much easier to cross a mounted deer vs cape and horns and there is a pretty good quality taxidermist in Nuevo Laredo.

Oscar can post his contact info as I believe he’s done before

Comment

I believe you. Its a good attitude that starts you off on the right track to getting something done right. If they find a tick after it thaws...retreat into Mex and clean it again

Comment

Originally posted by dstrong View Post
                          I’m still trying to figure out the big deal on crossing capes...... I’ve gotten over 95% of capes across.

It’s simple. If you put forth the time to inspect and clean them then you’ve got a higher than 95% chance of getting them across.

When you put in less time cleaning them than the agent is going to put in, inspecting them then your chances of getting them across is slim.

If the cape is that important to you then invest the time in making sure they are tick free.

I personally invest a lot of time and money in hunting Mexico. It’s important to me that when I shoot a great deer worth mounting that I will invest the time to make sure my cape doesn’t get kicked back.

It is much easier to cross a mounted deer vs cape and horns and there is a pretty good quality taxidermist in Nuevo Laredo.

Oscar can post his contact info as I believe he’s done before

Yes sir, his name is Hector Herrera with 12 Point Taxidermy. Has shops in Laredo and Nuevo Laredo. Does very good work. This is his contact info:

(956) 242-9825
                          (956) 697-9082

He is also our official scorer for the Cola Blanca Big Buck Contest in Laredo.

Comment

Just back from three weeks across. Arrived to the thickest grass and weeds I've seen in ten years. Secound week down, light snow and sleet one night followed by a heavy frost for two mornings. Everything went from green to brown. Lots of bucks chasing does. Went down to get food plots planted, but was surprised by all the early rutting activity after the cold front. Bears are thick this year. Saw five different bears in less than an hour one afternoon.

Comment

I always seem to kill on the last sit of the trip! I wouldn’t know how to act to kill one on the first or second day of a 10 day trip lol... it’s always bags packed in the truck I’ll hunt in the am then roll out kind of killin for me....

Comment

Something we all agree on here Aggie Football! WHOOP. I LOVE IT that the ultimate Authority here is a fine group of Aggies. Gig em Michael & Casey

Comment

Working...
                                X