Is the day lease dying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
    Only posting this to help you out with more chances to hunt as we all enjoy it and want to take every opportunity we can to do so.

Our group has hunted the same unit in Colorado, Unit Twenty seven, for over 20 years, knock on wood there has not been a year where everyone that put in for a deer tag didn’t get drawn. There has been a lot of bucks we’ve killed over 180” on public land in the same NF, BLM land.
    Man that is awesome! Thank you. I will look into that for sure. Our ranch has a Parks and Wildlife Officer we work with to help us manage the bear nuisance and deer eating our hay stock for our horses and cattle. We have reluctantly laughed about the way Colorado manages its herds. You can get tags to chase things here, but I rarely meet folks that fill them. Unfortunately a lot of those that have lived here for any time have stopped bow hunting. Its sad I know.

My only point is I enjoy the options that day leases provide. Thank you greatly for the information about Unit 27.

Comment

Is the day lease dying?

Originally posted by stick_string View Post
      Thank you sir.

No problem. I hope you start taking advantage of it a little more! I wish we had the opportunities here in NM that y’all do in Colorado. Granted, there are tags that can be drawn pretty much every year, but it’s still a crap shoot.

And more to the topic, I’d LOVE to be able to take advantage of day leases. I just can’t justify the prices. I’m not going to spend $1000 for a goat that’s un-edible or a doe. I’d love to get on a lease, but realistically I would only be able to go maybe 3 trips a fall and that’s not quite cost effective for me either. I’ll just stick to the in-laws 15 acres and invites for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by quackadikt; 09-25-2018, 10:01 PM.

Comment

it's estimated that 1000 people per day move to texas! which turns out to be a city the size of san Antonio popping up every 4 years...only the richest will be hunting in 10-15 years. the nra is always talking about hunter recruitment.. that's is not the problem. if deer leases were cheaper, everyone would do it....or you would have much more acreage per person....or, people like me would have 2-3 leases at any given time(like I used to).. I have been priced out of a quality lease, where you could expect to see mature deer(I don't care about the score, I am interested in hunting a deer that has survived us for 5-6 years) now, I just cook and hang out with the kids while my wife hunts our family land b/c it sucks for my non-adjusted standards.

Comment

What has skyrocketed the exotic sale barn auction is the land fragmentation and high fencing of said land. Everywhere you turn there are 100-200 acre high fence places stocking deer/exotics. Surely there is a saturation point where the bottom falls out. $475 axis does is crazy.

Comment

Working...
          X