All day sits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All day sits

Leave week after next for a whitetail hunt in Ohio. The outfitter is telling me to be prepared to sit from sun up to sundown mostly in a ground blinds. What are some of ya'lls ideas to pass the time?

Take a good book. I've killed a stack of deer when they slipped in on me reading.

Comment

Few of them power storing things to charge your phone up with. Good luck!!

Comment

good battery pack to recharge the phone

Comment

Book/tablet to read (pre downloaded books just in case no signal) and portable power to recharge. Drinks, easy quiet snacks and or lunch.

Comment

Book(s) and phone loaded with podcasts

Comment

Sleeping bag Beer and snacks.

Comment

Those of you reading, do you not fear missing a buck slipping through? Mature bucks on our place are like ghosts and can pass through and be missed if not constantly scanning.

Comment

Might want to take something warm and cuddly. Just be careful with the giggles.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                    Those of you reading, do you not fear missing a buck slipping through? Mature bucks on our place are like ghosts and can pass through and be missed if not constantly scanning.
                    Guess I do just fear boredom more. All day sits are almost impossible to stay focused better to have something to keep you occupied and still

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                      I read quite a bit when hunting. When I was a teenager I was hunting a classic East Texas box blind on a long road. I look up from Where the Red Fern Grows and see what would be the biggest deer I saw that year take two more steps across the road and get to the brush. I probably wouldn't have had time to shoot him even if I was looking that direction but I didn't pick my book up again that day.

When bowhunting I usually hear a deer before I ever see it.

Comment

I am a fan of podcasts, especially ones that get me thinking or keep me engaged. I leave one ear bud out and keep volume low so i can still hear twigs breaking, and generally stay more alert.

What part of Ohio, i'm currently living up here for work and am staying at an Outfitters land in my camper. Working on a deal to do some cull hunting for him if i can get the time off.

Comment

It has to be a spot you have confidence in, and you have to be comfortable. If not both of these, it will be a miserable day. I do it quite often in Kansas.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

I stay put all day a lot of my hunts and carry the following.....I carry a lot of crap... Something on this list will hopefully help you.

Besides the obvious.... Sharp knife, flashlight, range finder, binoculars, camo face mask, etc

- large backpack

- Phone with battery pack/packs

- Food.... Couple of sandwiches/peanut butter crackers/energy bars, etc

- H20/Caffeine drinks (hard to stay awake at times)

- Chew

- wire ties to add brush to stand

- black duct tape/electric tape

- Dollar store trash bags, toilet paper, empty big Gatorade bottles.... for obvious reasons.... Use to get out to go, but, it's cost me on more than one occasion

- extra clothing... Always put on or remove, but, can't if in the truck or at camp

- hand and feet warmers

- extra socks/gloves

- "toboggan" skull cap/full head insulated cover.. If it's cold this is worth it's weight in gold.

- skunk scent/odor control spray

- thermal scope that I use as binoculars before daylight and at dusk

- extra pair of glasses in case mine break or lost.... It's happened to me
                            Last edited by Slicefixer; 10-10-2019, 06:26 AM.

Comment

My bowls and bladder aint going to allow that lol

Comment

Working...
                              X