Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Landscaping/Flowerbed weeds...pull or spray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Landscaping/Flowerbed weeds...pull or spray?

What are y’all’s thoughts on spraying vs. pulling weeds in your landscaping/flowerbeds for best results? Plants only include larger stuff spaced out 3-4 ft. (i.e. large grasses, junipers, small trees).

Spray.....but that’s what I do......and I’m lazy. Round up applied carefully should be fine.

Comment

I'm a puller.
      Don't use any chemicals.

Comment

I spray also. Just be careful not to hit the plants, especially on windy days.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
          I'm a puller.
          Don't use any chemicals.
          Same here

Comment

I need to find something that works on nutsedge. I’ve tried Sedgehammer and one other product, along with round-up and no luck so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
              What are y’all’s thoughts on spraying vs. pulling weeds in your landscaping/flowerbeds for best results? Plants only include larger stuff spaced out 3-4 ft. (i.e. large grasses, junipers, small trees).
              I spray a specific killer that won’t mess with your plants like grasses, roses etc. can’t remember the name but check for it at ace or HD

Comment

When I was younger I pulled them. Now that I am older spray works much better.

Comment

Originally posted by txheartshot View Post
                  I need to find something that works on nutsedge. I’ve tried Sedgehammer and one other product, along with round-up and no luck so far.

Amen! In for advice for this as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                    Same here
                    I pull some and hoe the others; no chemicals.
                    For example, the thistles get hoed and if you slice 'em off at ground level where you can see the white, inner core, they do not come back.
                    The Bast*rd (really? can't use THAT word???) Cabbage used to be pretty bad in my pasture; 3 years ago I started pulling them (you have to get that long tap root) after I found that mowing/shredding didn't do it and they came back from that.

Comment

I’ll ask my wife. I don’t have a clue. I do farm and ranch. She’s in charge of home and garden.

Comment

If there's a bunch, ill spray, just a few and they get pulled.

Comment

I use crab ex or halts without broadleaf weed control. Pre-emergent works just as well in the beds as it does in the lawn. This results in much fewer weeds to manage.

Comment

I spray, sorta. Bought this pvc wand that has a paint roller on the end and you put chemical in the handle. Dab and go.

Last edited by John Paul; 04-07-2021, 03:36 PM.

Comment

If they are broadleafs and not grassy---get a weed killer with 2-4,d in it but don't use Roundup as it will kill your shrubs and flowering plants. Best thing to do is use Neil Sperry's advice and put out pre-emergent herbicide granules that kills a weed when the seed sprouts.

Comment

Working...
                              X