Bucees Ez Feeder Question..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bucees Ez Feeder Question..

How long are you guys running these before needing to fill up again. On average how long is the 600lbs lasting you guys?

Thanks.

Thats entirely up to you and how long your run your feeds.

Comment

Originally posted by DedDuk View Post
      Thats entirely up to you and how long your run your feeds.
      Yep!

Comment

I get that. But I was wondering based on regular hunting season/off season.

I like running corn all off season. Driving to Houston to Sterling City it might be cheaper in the long run for me to get a 600lb feeder. Probably run 4-5 seconds in off season 7 seconds during season.

I haven't bought one yet so there's no way for me to tell really. I was just looking for an average. I know a lot of guys own them and every one uses different times.

Comment

Fair question.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

All I know is I topped off my 600# feeder with the timer and set it throw 1 second in the morning and 1 second in the evening. That was at the end of December. I went out to my lease to get my stuff as the landowner sold the property and it was a little over half full.

Comment

Originally posted by CB_TxNole View Post
              I get that. But I was wondering based on regular hunting season/off season.

I like running corn all off season. Driving to Houston to Sterling City it might be cheaper in the long run for me to get a 600lb feeder. Probably run 4-5 seconds in off season 7 seconds during season.

I haven't bought one yet so there's no way for me to tell really. I was just looking for an average. I know a lot of guys own them and every one uses different times.
              I usually set mine to throw about a sack of corn a week during the season which is around 5-7 seconds per throw 2x per day depending on the feeder. So at that rate it'll last 12 weeks if set perfectly but it's usually +/- a week. I get 'em pretty close with some tinkering. It makes it easier to keep up with when they need filling if I keep it close to a sack a week.

During the off season I set it to throw a couple seconds two times per day and it lasts much longer. I don't know how long exactly but a long time.

Comment

The raccoons do a good job of getting their arms in there and hitting the spinner. Once I have time I plan on adding a spacer to the bottom plate, a short downspout , and a Eliminator spin plate to mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                  I usually set mine to throw about a sack of corn a week during the season which is around 5-7 seconds per throw 2x per day depending on the feeder. So at that rate it'll last 12 weeks if set perfectly but it's usually +/- a week. I get 'em pretty close with some tinkering. It makes it easier to keep up with when they need filling if I keep it close to a sack a week.

During the off season I set it to throw a couple seconds two times per day and it lasts much longer. I don't know how long exactly but a long time.
                  Thank you!

Comment

3.5 months @ 5sec feeding

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
                      The raccoons do a good job of getting their arms in there and hitting the spinner. Once I have time I plan on adding a spacer to the bottom plate, a short downspout , and a Eliminator spin plate to mine.

This fixed that for me...Home Depot has the plates already cut and sized right.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9685 (1).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	24648861

Name:	IMG_9747.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	24648862

Name:	IMG_9750.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	24648863

Comment

Smarts fix is a good one. Them coons gonna have to grow longer arms to reach corn now.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          This fixed that for me...Home Depot has the plates already cut and sized right.

[ATTACH]1045745[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1045746[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1045747[/ATTACH]
                          Where do you find those pre-cut plates at Home Depot?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dope hunter View Post
                            Where do you find those pre-cut plates at Home Depot?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                            x2

Comment

That looks like a much easier fix. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X