Calling axis deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling axis deer

I’ve searched & read the older threads on here and saw EZY axis calls being used along with hoochie momma calls.

Any recent experiences with calling?

Is the EZY axis call worth it?

TIA

lunch bump

Comment

I got one but have not used it. I only hunt axis once a year. It sounds good.

Comment

It works about as good as rattling antlers for whitetails. I’ve used it a few times. It will send some running to you and others running away

The hoochie momma call made by Primos (I think) is a better one to attract bucks. It was designed to sound like a cow elk, but works great on Axis.

EZY Axis makes a doe call also, but I’ve never used it.

I just ordered their doe call. I will give it a try in a few weeks and see how it works.
        Last edited by AntlerCollector; 04-02-2021, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Would love to hear your feedback on the doe call

Comment

Time comes I'm callin in a "hoochie momma" I being a drunk old sailor, and that's for sure!

Comment

Last spring, I used an Ezy Axis call and a couple axis sheds to rattle while hunting with my son. We had 6 bucks right in our lap, inside of 50 yards. Zach killed the biggest/oldest one - a 31" buck with teeth almost worn to the gums.

Comment

Originally posted by 32drawlength View Post
                Would love to hear your feedback on the doe call

Will do

Comment

EZ Axis works & so does the Hoochie Mama. I found that the Hoochie, if excessively loud will actually sound like an Axis doe alarm. Be gentle when calling & it gets results.

Comment

I use an Elk Reel cow call for axis doe sounds. Since it's a mouth call, you can vary the sound. Hoochie Momma is the same sound all the time, just a little louder if you squeeze it hard. Elk Reel is more natural sounding to me.

Create accurate cow, calf, and bull sounds with Reel Game Calls' Hardwood Elk Reel! Made of high-quality materials, this elk call is incredibly easy to use.

Comment

Working...
                    X