Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Persimmon Tea - diabetese and blood pressure miracle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Persimmon Tea - diabetese and blood pressure miracle!

Ok so my parents have persimmon trees and a friend on fb asked if he could get some leaves to make tea with. Told her he has type 1 and manages his blood sugar with the tea. I did some checking and it is prescribed by Dr.'s in the Orient for these and many other probs. turns out the American grown persimmon is about 80% more potent than what's grown over there! Well the results are in my Mom and my Dad both had wonderful blood pressure levels and my Mom's blood sugar was better than it's been in years!! My sister is a nurse and has been for a while and her blood pressure went down significantly as well!! You know we kinda cursed those dang trees cause of the mess and cause it attracts hogs - turns out the hogs knew something we didn't! LOL! Wild thing is it actually tastes really good too! I like it enough I don't even put any sugar in it! God gives us the goods but we have to use it!! My Mom's Dr. wants her to keep a journal for study and says he's got persimmon trees too and is going to start making it!!

Interesting! Usually I wait for the fruit to ripen and nibble on those while dove hunting. Gonna have to try this out. About how many leaves do you steap (steep?)per pot of tea?

Comment

how many leaves are you steeping?

Comment

Interesting. Do anything to the leaves first? Dry them I the oven? Dosing ? Been wanting to plant one,this might give me another reason to.

Comment

Interesting. I hike with a pack most mornings along Buffalo Bayou getting ready for a mountain goat hunt. Several mornings a week I see an older couple picking tree leaves.

I finally asked them what they did with them. They were middle eastern and didn't speak much English but I did understand "for diabetes".

Comment

We're not drying them just wash and boil and strain. I know you can dry em first for storage but no need here. We just throw a handful in - after the first batch you can judge the amount by taste and you can add water if too strong. Another cool thing is my portions of food are getting smaller!! I get full quicker. On the fruit I was always told no good until after the first frost

Comment

Is this wild persimmon or the trees that produce the large edible persimmons?

Comment

These produce fruit - they were planted by the people that owned the property before my parents built there, that's all I know

Comment

Originally posted by chopsknives View Post
                  These produce fruit - they were planted by the people that owned the property before my parents built there, that's all I know
                  Curious as well as I have 3 Texas Persimmons in my back yard. There is an American Persimmon and a Texas Persimmon and the fruits are really different.

Comment

Originally posted by chopsknives View Post
                    Are the fruits of the persimmon your making tea from a dark purple or orange?

Comment

I have not ever heard of brewing a tea but may try it.
                      We had two Japanese persimmon trees at our house. I can still remember going with my Mother to pick them out in about mid to late 60’s. A couple in Millbrook Al grew various fruit trees and flowering trees in their backyard. They were like a 6 ft long switch and took a few years before they produced fruit. They were still going strong when the house was sold about 8 years ago. I don’t know about the tea but the fruit (orange and about the size of a tennis ball) was high in Vitamin C.
                      I’m waiting to get a haircut now. I’ll have to ask my barber from Japan if she has heard of it.

Comment

following

Comment

Just went and did the googler on this and it seems like something I need to look into further!!

Comment

Nothing short of amazing to me! I've always been a fan of Oriental medicine too. I had a friend in high school that was in a wheelchair from Rumatory Arthritis and he waited 5 years on a waiting list to travel to Japan to see an Acupuncture Dr. He lived there for 2-3 years and the next time I saw him, he'd put on over 100 pounds and was working construction w/o a wheelchair and no more arthritis.

The tea comes out looking and kinda tasting like regular lipton tea - with a little twang to it! Pleasant though

Comment

Diabetese? Er’body knows it’s dibeetus

Comment

Working...
                              X