No announcement yet.

Prince of poachers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of poachers on King ranch. Have heard lots of stories. I had cousins that lived in Kingsville.

Comment

Are those hardback books or soft Back?

Comment

Someone needs to copy the entire book, put it in a PDF and email it to everyone. Yeah, I think that’s fair. I personally don’t want the author to make a dime, screw him.

Comment

Put me in line as well

Comment

I'd like to get in line please.

Comment

My memory is that Curt purchased it and said how poorly it was written/ edited correct? Sounds like it would be a interesting read but following something that’s all over the place sucks. Someone should find the photo of Buck M and the author at some show just for TBH purposes. It was recent.

Comment

I bought it and have been through 45 pages so far. Its been an OK read in the blind when it’s slow. It seems like he didnt proof read or run spell check. Hope it gets better. I do not condone poachers, but its crazy how committed these pochers were. I was once detained for fishing on the santa getrudis? creek off of 144 for tresspassing. King ranch police are no joke. I told them I never set foot on the dry land passed the fence lin. I put in with a kayak from the road, didn’t matter. It was the size of a river and I thought it would be considered a “navigable” water body. Game wardens, sheriffs and king ranch police told me otherwise that day, although the game warden seemed to want to agree with be, but his hands were tied. The good ole college days, I caught several bass 10+lbs all C&R, why eat a 10# bass when I could fill my feezer with baffin bay trout. Left a bit of sourness wit my thought of the king ranch after that. Good times.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                  The foreword is by TBC and contains exactly 271 words!

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not sure what all exactly made the final copy, but the stories in it are definitely worth reading. I will completely agree that I would not purchase in order to support the situation, but his story (full life) is pretty crazy.
                      For those in the pass around I hope you do read the full book cover to cover.

Comment

So what was his sentence once caught? 116 deer is allot

Comment

Charlie mounted several deer for me back in the 80’s. He used to tell stories about his escapades on those ranches. He still had a couple of the deer he shot down there and they were big. I think he found religion and gave his trophies back to the state. He was a talented taxidermist at one time(may still be). I used to run in to him from time to time at the TTH shows in Ft. Worth and he talked about writing this book.
                          Last edited by drslonghorn; 11-05-2018, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Add me to the list.

Comment

Very interesting. Reminds me of our taxidermist when I was a kid, he would tell us stories for hours about his poaching adventures, close calls, and an outright stand off and they were all absolutely exciting. His wife would drop him off with his bow in the evening and had two predetermined pickup locations for the next evening. Obviously can't condone the activity but those are some of the most exciting stories I think I've ever heard. He eventually got busted and from what I understand pretty much well lost all his business and everything.

Comment

I wonder how many people, that say they won't read the book, watched non fiction crime movies? If you don't then don't, if you do, then do. who cares.

Comment

Working...
                                X