How Many Pins Do You Use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Many Pins Do You Use?

Just curious what type of setup folks have. Do you run one pin out to 30 or do you start at 20? Do you run pins all the way out to 80 or stop at 40, etc.? Are you a one pin guy/gal? Pro and cons of a few or many pins?

Comment

have 3 but only use the 20.

Comment

When I had multiple pins for hunting, I used 3. 20, 30 and 40. Too many clutters up the sight window and blocks area of animals that could be beneficial to see. Too few means you will inevitably get caught in the tweener range, and either shoot high, or miss low. I have seen it tons of times.

Now I went to a single pin for hunting and set it at 27 yards. Shoots within a 3 inch circle to 34 yards. Anything further than that, it walks without even drawing back.

Comment

i have 4 but use 3, 30,40,50 and i put the bottom as low as it will go. my 20 and 30 were touching so i just us one.

Comment

3. I'm new at this so I only use one for now!

Comment

20,30,40,50,60 (5). Anything under 20 and the 20 pin is real close. I'd rarely shoot over 60 but have a decent idea of holdover out to 80.
              The "clutter" of multiple pins can be pretty much a non-issue with .10 pins...

Comment

One. You can kill whitetails over 30 yards. But ur gonna miss some, kill some and wound some. Got nothin to do with your shooting skill. Just the reaction of a whitetail. There is not a bow fast enough or quiet enough that they cant make a fool out of. Thats based on 25 years bowhunting experience. Not hear say.

Comment

Comment

Comment

1 pin.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok all you 1 and 3 pins folks; what distance are you setting them?

Comment

3. 20, 30, and 40.

Comment

5. 20,30,40,50,60. But when taking game, I always try to get 25 yds or under

Comment

1 pin set at 25yrds. I can hit 3" from 10-32 yrds. I range a 30yrd circle of death from stand. Once they enter that its all over with but the dragging.

Comment

Working...
                              X