1/2 person Auger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
    You’re gonna have an even tougher time trying to find a half person to operate it.[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe he’s got a midget willing to do the work. He just needs the auger.

Comment

Just a point ...I personally know of 3 incidents in Matagorda county...1 in Pledger area with tractor mounted Post hole digger Lady aligning digger standing next to it husband started to drill there was some old fence wire burried a few inches down it wrapped around Auger and her leg before He got it stopped ...(she bled to death on spot)

2 Old Neighbor Retired School executive...Was diggin hole with 1/2 digger about mile from my house..Basicly same as above picked up old burried wire and wrapped his legs up before it got shut down...I saw LIFE Flight land back that way...They saved 1 leg and the 2nd for a while but it ended up removed..That was about 2y ago..He just started driving again...Most of that 2y was spent in hosp and rehab..

3 Happened longer ago and all i remember is it was pto driven Post hole digger and Man got arm caught in PTO and got tore off...

Just a reminder BE CAREFUL out there..All the above tools are wonderful work savers.

Stop and think about what can happen (and have a way to avoid it)

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
        Just a point ...I personally know of 3 incidents in Matagorda county...1 in Pledger area with tractor mounted Post hole digger Lady aligning digger standing next to it husband started to drill there was some old fence wire burried a few inches down it wrapped around Auger and her leg before He got it stopped ...(she bled to death on spot)

2 Old Neighbor Retired School executive...Was diggin hole with 1/2 digger about mile from my house..Basicly same as above picked up old burried wire and wrapped his legs up before it got shut down...I saw LIFE Flight land back that way...They saved 1 leg and the 2nd for a while but it ended up removed..That was about 2y ago..He just started driving again...Most of that 2y was spent in hosp and rehab..

3 Happened longer ago and all i remember is it was pto driven Post hole digger and Man got arm caught in PTO and got tore off...

Just a reminder BE CAREFUL out there..All the above tools are wonderful work savers.

Stop and think about what can happen (and have a way to avoid it)

Wow! Thanks for that. Good reminder of the potential danger.

Comment

Working...
        X