Roatan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roatan

Any one been to Roatan lately? advice etc?

Thanks in advance

We were there about three years ago. Really enjoyed it. Great diving and low key. Ready to go back. I would recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

stopped there on a cruise couple months back.

Comment

Stay close to shore, don't get on a kayak. A local man was lucky to be found a few years back after getting caught in the currents.

Comment

Awesome place.

Comment

We went last summer and stayed at Anthony's Key.
            Resort was incredible, and the diving was even better.
            We went to the "touristy" part, on our last day, and even it was very calm.
            I think we might go back next summer.

Comment

West Bay shore snorkeling is unbelievable. I cant wait to go back and do some fishing too.

Comment

One of our favorite places. I'm thinking about going back and just renting a house for a week.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Keep waiting on flights to come down. May just have to bite the bullet when trip time comes around.

Comment

I went a few years ago. Really nice and would go back. Watch out for the no see ems. Make sure you spray down with bug spray on the beach. I had welps for weeks.

Comment

Went on mission over spring break last two years. Nice island. Great snorkeling scuba. Watch out for sand fleas on beaches.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                        Keep waiting on flights to come down. May just have to bite the bullet when trip time comes around.
                        I don't know if the prices change at all. I think we paid about $800 each, round trip.

Comment

I have been a hand full of times. My wife has been 12-15 times. We took the our girls there last summer and they loved it. They ask about once a week when we are going back. We plan to take the family back for Spring Break next year. We normally stay in the West Bay area and take water taxis to West end to shop and to eat at the Thai Place.

Snorkling and diving I great there. If you get a calm seas day you should take a trip to Cayos Cochinos with Ruthless Roatan. You can fish on the way, Snorkle when you get there, lunch on the island then fish on the way back.

Yes the sand fleas can be bad early in the morning and right at dark. I forgot to tell my buddy and they got ate up. Not sure why they didn't buy bug spray. Just put on some Island perfume a couple times a day and you will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                            You will be waiting for a while....

My wife loves the island, and has been watching flight costs for about three years... haven't come down at all.

You can thank the Honduran government for that... them and their 20% tax on everything.

We use to stay on West Bay all the time. Went four or five years in a row (two of those years we went twice in one year). Haven't been in at least three years now due to flight costs.

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                              I have been a hand full of times. My wife has been 12-15 times. We took the our girls there last summer and they loved it. They ask about once a week when we are going back. We plan to take the family back for Spring Break next year. We normally stay in the West Bay area and take water taxis to West end to shop and to eat at the Thai Place.

Snorkling and diving I great there. If you get a calm seas day you should take a trip to Cayos Cochinos with Ruthless Roatan. You can fish on the way, Snorkle when you get there, lunch on the island then fish on the way back.

Yes the sand fleas can be bad early in the morning and right at dark. I forgot to tell my buddy and they got ate up. Not sure why they didn't buy bug spray. Just put on some Island perfume a couple times a day and you will be fine.
                              Went to Cayos with Ruthless... their boat is first class. It was really nice to be on a boat that you could strech out and take a nap on.

Comment

Working...
                              X