Tree Saddle w/ Trad Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tree Saddle w/ Trad Gear

I've seen a lot of videos on tree saddles and like the idea and concept but majority of them are Compound shooters. I wanted to know if trad great would still be 360 degree shooting with canting your bow.

Anyone here hunted in a tree saddle with trad gear to elaborate?

I have hunted with it a little, killed a coyote and a deer out of it but much rather be in a tree stand. I will still use it for those hard to get to spots deep in. I just feel like there’s too much movement needed to get into position for those offside shots.

Comment

It is not a problem. I do think it is easier to spin around in a treestand but still not a problem with the saddle. I really like the tree being in front of me. No need for a bow arm. Bow is right in front of me against tree. Takes almost no movement to pick it up. I try to put the tree between me and where I expect deer to come from. I setup to shoot on my strong side and then to about 6 oclock behind me. It seems easier to me to shoot from 1 to about 5 oclock to just bring my bow over my bridge instead of spinning all the way around.

I started killing more deer as soon as I went to a saddle. Coincidence? Maybe. But it has definitely changed how I hunt because it is so easy to setup and tear everything back down. Once I hung a treestand, it tended to live there for years. With a saddle setup, I might hunt a new tree every sit.

Comment

Working...
      X