X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get em!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Just FYI to Colorado bound. It is illegal to use cell cams while hunting Colorado.

Comment

Headed out Thursday to 76. They just started screaming in units 29 and 20 this morning.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2516.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	24629972
          Colorado bound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Leaving tonight!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Better get a nap! Good hunting to you sir.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck to you guys!

Comment

Just got back from an 8-day. Incredible trip. Good luck!

Comment

Got back last night. I was the sexy cow and we got beads on several bulls bedding areas in two days of scouting prior to season. Opening day morning my buddy shot a trophy bull. We dropped in on him from an adjacent face to a bench above his bed after the thermals switched. The cow calls made him talk but the bull bugle from his backyard made him come charging out of his house...silently...except for 700lbs of POd stepping on deadfalls and raking bushes. Apparently the unit resident bulls are known for approaching silently and it held true.

Never got into a buglefest. Regardless...Stalk and call is a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampGhost View Post
                      I been here in Colorado since last Sunday. First day I saw a spike. Sat all day on a wallow that’s getting hit hard but nothing came to the wallow. But while I was there that evening my cellcam said I should have been at my old faithful spot
                      Those are illegal to use during season or while hunting

Comment

ExecutionSpake

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                        Got back last night. I was the sexy cow and we got beads on several bulls bedding areas in two days of scouting prior to season. Opening day morning my buddy shot a trophy bull but the hunt was not over when I left. We dropped in on him from an adjacent face to a bench above his bed after the thermals switched. The cow calls made him talk but the bull bugle from his backyard made him come charging out of his house...silently...except for 700lbs of POd stepping on deadfalls and raking bushes. Apparently the unit resident bulls are known for approaching silently and it held true.

Never got into a buglefest. Regardless...Stalk and call is a blast.
                        I left the mountain Sunday morning watching buzzards. Either I stunk like dead critter after 9 days of not taking a shower or the critter was dead in the creek bottom below...because the buzzards were perched 100 yds down wind and to my east. I think I got stalked by buzzards...sneaky buggers. I hope they were just roosted above an actual dead critter and warming themselves. I had seen them 2 miles off the day before near the bedding area...after 7 days of no buzzards anywhere.

Execution was almost perfect.

Regardless...Stalk and call is a blast.
                        Last edited by Briar Friar; 09-22-2020, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ORIONTHEHUNTER View Post
                          Those are illegal to use during season or while hunting

Wow,? Write him a ticket.

Comment

I just rolled in from 8 days out, had some decent bulls close. Found big boy last day thermals would not let me move in and he was not coming over hill. Hope you guys had good luck. Had another great year getting away from cell signal and hanging out with old man, only got a few more of those years left in him.

Comment

Bust for me!!! Not a single elk seen the whole trip!

A bit disappointed!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

[QUOTE=Bisch;15127876]Bust for me!!! Not a single elk seen the whole trip!

A bit disappointed!!!

Bisch

I hate to hear that Bisch. I was hoping this would be The Year
                                I’ll be looking for a new area after two years without a shot on a legal elk.

Comment

Working...
                                X