Question for those who still watch NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KNP16 View Post
    A quick google search is all you need and you can decipher for yourself. Not here to argue or say who is right and who is wrong, especially with someone who is childish enough to correct grammar. If you want to watch football watch it, if you don't then don't. My only point is, in todays world you are going to be indirectly supporting that movement one way or another. Walmart, Amazon and the likes you just cant stay away from all the time. I hate going to Walmart and supporting them and I try to buy local vs going to Amazon, but sometimes I have to, it just is what it is.
    You said they are opening their wallets...I really am interested to what tune if indeed financially supporting, but I'm not going to research when it's on you to back up said claim. I'm certainly not doubting the possibility in today's pc world, but suspect their main contributor & backing really lies along same money trail that bank rolls antifa, that being soros. I would hope the others are more pc lip service vs financial support.

I can promise you that if any company openly advertises the support of a marxist organization like the nfl is currently doing, spitting in the face of what the US stands for will not be seeing a dime from this household. It's one thing to state support for blm in it's original intent / movement vs what it has turned into now that the truth is out & having pro sports visually promoting an anti American movement. Not sure how folks don't see the difference unless looking for a reason to excuse the viewing.

Heath has had the only honest & reasonable response being able compartmentalize by separating the two for the love of the game...I'm simply not wired to do that & it sucks. I'm not the big sports follower like many on here & really only enjoy football & motor sports. I'm not even sure what is happening politically outside of these.

Comment

You can see where the large companies made equality initiatives, community organizations and contributed to the "Black Lives Matter" Movement. None of them contributed to the actual organization. The NFL didnt donate anything to the organization.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
        How many times do you actually see an actor interviewed before during or after every movie? Press conferences every week? It’s completely different. There’s a reason you see the endorsement deals and notoriety that they get.

When actors speak, it’s not during the movie, but they absolutely speak.
        They can speak all they want. So can football players. Just not while at work. And it doesn't bother me as much if they're asked a question pre-game. But when the NFL backs the felons and doesn't support LEO and then lets them display the BS...that's way past the line.

Just keep on trying your best to compare the two to make yourself feel better

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
          They can speak all they want. So can football players. Just not while at work. And it doesn't bother me as much if they're asked a question pre-game. But when the NFL backs the felons and doesn't support LEO and then lets them display the BS...that's way past the line.

Just keep on trying your best to compare the two to make yourself feel better
          So Awards shows are not part of an Actor's work? How about press junkets?

NFL does support LEO ... They've also supported the Military in a HUGE way with the Salute to Service gear.

100 percent
          The NFL donates 100 percent of proceeds from the sale of Salute to Service merchandise at retail and on NFL Auction to its military non-profit partners. The NFL does not profit from the sale or auction of Salute to Service merchandise.

Comment

Artos - Jeff Bezos (Amazon) pledges $10 million to BLM. Now not sure if he pulled out the purse

Comment

WalMart donates $100 million to “systemic racism” causes so not sure if directly to BLM or other organizations.

It’s their $$$. Just wish they would actually donate to neighborhoods and areas that need specific needs instead of political organizations

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                WalMart donates $100 million to “systemic racism” causes so not sure if directly to BLM or other organizations.

It’s their $$$. Just wish they would actually donate to neighborhoods and areas that need specific needs instead of political organizations
                There has been no mention of BLM on the list of recipients.

Comment

My guess if the current state of affairs continue & my assumption of things going full blown fubar on Nov 4 they will eventually be exposed (to the masses) as having nothing no longer to do with the original blm...it's a shame we are seeing anarchy hiding behind a name.

Would be interesting to see an audit their books / donors.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                    Artos - Jeff Bezos (Amazon) pledges $10 million to BLM. Now not sure if he pulled out the purse
                    I'm not sure if the actual organization was in that donation.

They were on the list of organizations for BEN, which was a company matched donation organized by the BEN.

Comment

Yea I’m not sure either. I just know at one time he pledged $$$$. Now opening the purse and where the actual $$$ goes is another thing. I wish and think all books for political organizations should be open. I also think politicians should have an open book on their funding. They go in knowing this is part of it. I also think every vote a politician should be logged under his/her name.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                        You only hang out in red zones. My liberal friends think I'm a fascist. I'm an equal opportunity antagonist. I'm not better than anyone or see anything that everyone else can't-- I just want everybody to raise their game.

Well you finally posted something that I can agree with!! The truth has been posted.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                          Again, I've never seen an actor talking politics as an intro before the movie starts, or during the movie, or when credits are rolling. If they want to be political off set that's their business.. Same with sports players. Why can't people see the difference?

The point in this thread was because a long time ago TBHers were ticked off about NFL players beating women or committing crimes etc.. Then it was the next step, then the next... It's ALWAYS if they take one more bad step I swear I won't watch them anymore But at least some here have flat out said it doesn't matter what they do, they'll still watch and not support (but really support lol).
                          I don't watch them. And you are correct they can say what they want of the job. But that doesn't mean I have to support their career by watching the latest movie they starred in or a game on TV. Life without them leaves me with more time for other things.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                            How many times do you actually see an actor interviewed before during or after every movie? Press conferences every week? It’s completely different. There’s a reason you see the endorsement deals and notoriety that they get.

When actors speak, it’s not during the movie, but they absolutely speak.
                            It's at the academy awards or directors guild or whatever events they have.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I would probably quit watching if the NFL actually endorsed and promoted a particular political party or candidate. I'm not a fan of the protests but unlike a lot of others here, I don't think they introduced their "politics" into the game. Nor do I believe their intent is/was to disrespect the flag, anthem, military or even country.

I get that a lot of folks want to associate these guys with all the left wing craziness but I don't think they are part of that. In fact, I think they are actually trying to raise awareness of the issue apolitically because our politicians will never solve the "race" issue as long as political leadership places more value on the issue of "racism" as a political weapon to motivate voters than they do a problem to actually be solved.

I watch NFL, NBA and NHL and while I see a lot of emphasis on social justice and racial equality, I haven't seen any "politics". I might change my mind if I start seeing "Biden 2020" emblems on jerseys but I don't think that will happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X