Thin Wool Sock Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thin Wool Sock Recommendations?

I wear wool socks year round and my feet seem a lot healthier since I started doing it a few years ago. The problem is I spend the majority of my time in South Texas and regular or thick winter socks are just too hot. I had some thin wool hiking socks that work great but I don’t recall the brand. I bought some different ones this summer and they have been terrible. They wore out WAY too quickly and I need new ones.

So long story short, what brand of thin wool socks do you guys like?

Smart Wool. They have thick and thin versions.

Comment

I wear them year round as well. Darn Tough wool socks are my favorite. I have a bunch of thin Smartwool as well. I think it’s Darntough.com.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
        I wear them year round as well. Darn Tough wool socks are my favorite. I have a bunch of thin Smartwool as well. I think it’s Darntough.com.
        This right here..... Darn Tough are the best!

Comment

I wear the Smartwool ultra light socks every day to work even in summer. Very comfortable. When it gets cold I switch to the mediums.

Comment

Another vote for Darn Tough. I have several pair and love them. It’s hard to beat the warranty too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
              I wear the Smartwool ultra light socks every day to work even in summer. Very comfortable. When it gets cold I switch to the mediums.
              Same here, I work in Indonesia and wear them with my work boots, have held up great and aren’t hot, no stink as well since they’re mostly Merino.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                agreed best sock purchase I ever made while living in Alberta. Wore them all weekend in Lavaca County.
                Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Another vote for smartwool.

Comment

Darn Tough. Every hiker on the AT and PCT wears them. It’s pretty much the ONLY unanimous piece of gear. Keep I mind.... they do make different thicknesses and the thickest might be a bit too much. REI carries a big stock.

Comment

I have don't a couple Boyd's stocks. I have always had to fine tune the fit but I enjoy that.

Boyds uses top-grade hardwood to craft durable, long-lasting shotgun & rifle stocks for top-selling firearm brands, including custom options. Get yours today!

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryNerd View Post
                        I have don't a couple Boyd's stocks. I have always had to fine tune the fit but I enjoy that.

https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/
                        socks NOT stocks....

Comment

To all that posted, thanks. I got a few pair of the Darn Tough socks and I have to say they are amazing so far. I love them. One pair is “tactical” socks, whatever that is, but they are really thin. Almost dress socks. I like these though and think they will be good for the summer. The other ones I got were medium cushion hikers and they are extremely comfortable. They are perfect for spring and fall.

Thanks a lot guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Daddypants View Post
                            To all that posted, thanks. I got a few pair of the Darn Tough socks and I have to say they are amazing so far. I love them. One pair is “tactical” socks, whatever that is, but they are really thin. Almost dress socks. I like these though and think they will be good for the summer. The other ones I got were medium cushion hikers and they are extremely comfortable. They are perfect for spring and fall.

Thanks a lot guys!
                            They last forever. I have them on sitting in the rain right now.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Working...
                              X