Iron Will Wide 125's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
    I’m shooting them this year. I don’t think they are that loud, I think slicks are louder... even solid heads will make noise, just disruption of air and vane noise. The noise is behind the arrow and not in front of it, only thing deer hear is the bow
    I can assure all of you, and Kyle here can attest, that those heads are sharp. Scary stupid sharp!

First pic is stitches I got last week on an elk hunt. Second picture was today. I appreciate kyles help gluing my finger back shut! 😂
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
      I have a question for you guys shooting these.....if an animal like a coon or a squirrel steps out, or even a pig, do you sling an Iron Will at it? I’d be hard pressed to risk losing one on an animal like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I plan on shooting pigs with them. It doesn’t hurt too bad since they have a lifetime warranty and with my setup I feel confident I won’t have to worry about penetration and leaving it in a pig. My only worry is my arrow ends up in narnia after the passthrough and I can’t find it. I also won’t shoot them without a lighted nock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I've been shooting Iron Wills for 2 years, 100 gr. vented. They perform great, have shot lots of pigs and deer with them. They are the sharpest broadhead out of the box I've ever used. They are really tough also.
        Good luck with them.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
          I can assure all of you, and Kyle here can attest, that those heads are sharp. Scary stupid sharp!

First pic is stitches I got last week on an elk hunt. Second picture was today. I appreciate kyles help gluing my finger back shut! 😂
          Yikes, did that happen shooting or pulling from a target?

They are definitely scary sharp, no doubt about it.

Comment

I plan on shooting pigs with them. It doesn’t hurt too bad since they have a lifetime warranty and with my setup I feel confident I won’t have to worry about penetration and leaving it in a pig. My only worry is my arrow ends up in narnia after the passthrough and I can’t find it. I also won’t shoot them without a lighted nock

Durability isn't my concern either, especially with their warranty. It's finding the dang thing and i'll have lighted nocks as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan11 View Post
              Yikes, did that happen shooting or pulling from a target?

They are definitely scary sharp, no doubt about it.

Pulling and the back edge got him

Comment

Durability isn't my concern either, especially with their warranty. It's finding the dang thing and i'll have lighted nocks as well.
                You probably knew this already. But I shot one with a nockturnal to make sure and I’m glad I did. 4” left. With a regular nock they are dead on, switched to lumenok since they use factory knocks and it’s dead on. So that’s what I’ll be using now on

Comment

You probably knew this already. But I shot one with a nockturnal to make sure and I’m glad I did. 4” left. With a regular nock they are dead on, switched to lumenok since they use factory knocks and it’s dead on. So that’s what I’ll be using now on
                  Strange, i shot with my nockturnals and they were pretty much on with my field points and regular nocks.

Comment

shot 175 s last year and they were quiet and awesome. stupid $$$ but I think as long as you don't lose them you are good. shot 3 deer thru off shoulder with out resharpening out of longbow. Trying 175 wides this year. we shall see?

Comment

I got a pack of the wide 150's recently and was EXTREMELY disappointed in them due to the sound. They flew like darts, but I still cant get over the sound. I even pulled out my solid 150gr heads I hunted with last year and 2 other broadheads, all of which seemed silent. Tried all three of the 150 wide cuts and they all sounded super loud to me, so much so that I'm almost scared to shoot them at a whitetail worrying about them reacting to the shot. It would be one thing if I was shooting them out of my compound at 280 fps, but out of my longbow running a hot 175fps, I really don't think I wanna take the risk...

Comment

Originally posted by MedicineMan7 View Post
                        I got a pack of the wide 150's recently and was EXTREMELY disappointed in them due to the sound. They flew like darts, but I still cant get over the sound. I even pulled out my solid 150gr heads I hunted with last year and 2 other broadheads, all of which seemed silent. Tried all three of the 150 wide cuts and they all sounded super loud to me, so much so that I'm almost scared to shoot them at a whitetail worrying about them reacting to the shot. It would be one thing if I was shooting them out of my compound at 280 fps, but out of my longbow running a hot 175fps, I really don't think I wanna take the risk...
                        I would probably be concerned to use them with Trad as well, which is disappointing because they are rock solid broadheads that fly great. Again, i'll shoot mine this year and see how they do on whitetail, but i'll definitely be adding some of the Solids to my arsenal at some point.

Comment

I would probably be concerned to use them with Trad as well, which is disappointing because they are rock solid broadheads that fly great. Again, i'll shoot mine this year and see how they do on whitetail, but i'll definitely be adding some of the Solids to my arsenal at some point.
                          At close range, I may have no problems with the wide cuts, but I just can't make myself risk it.
                          I have had zero issues with my solid 150s and I most likely will end up ordering some more solid 150 replacement blades and swapping the wide cuts out, otherwise they are essentially useless to me.

Comment

Originally posted by MedicineMan7 View Post

They hear your bow release first. You could run a whistletip and it wouldn’t matter.
                            If you have a phone with a slow motion camera put it next to your target and take a few shots. Then listen to the audio.

Comment

Bringing this back up to the top. Finally got a chance to use my Wide 100's on a animal this weekend. Shot a mature buck, the arrow hit I think hit bone and then hit a pine tree on the back side. Buck didn't make it 40 yards and piled up. But the tip on my broadhead is rolled over pretty bad. Don't really know how I feel about that.

Comment

Shot 2 pigs Saturday evening and 1 with the wide, arrow zipped through her like she wasn’t there. Bounced off ground, up over trees and ended up in the pasture 30 yards away.

Quartering too some and entrance was in the shoulder that’s why the exit was further back. No visible damage to the head and it still shaves. She went 50 yards

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2579.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	24633848

Name:	IMG_2580.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	24633850

Name:	IMG_2583.jpg