Going to the Masters!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to the Masters!!

Every year my 2 brothers and my Dad enter the Lottery for Masters tickets. This year my Dad was notified that he had been selected! We are going on Tuesday for a practice round but we are pretty excited. Anybody been and have any suggestions? As a life long golfer, I'm looking forward to the experience.

Originally posted by PoohDaddy View Post
    Every year my 2 brothers and my Dad enter the Lottery for Masters tickets. This year my Dad was notified that he had been selected! We are going on Tuesday for a practice round but we are pretty excited. Anybody been and have any suggestions? As a life long golfer, I'm looking forward to the experience.
    Went this last April...watched Tiger

You can take a camera in but nothing that transmits data...NO PHONES

Walk the entire course...soak it all in...

Be prepared it will wear you out, TV doesnt do justice of how the elevation changes.....

UBER from the room to the course...traffic sucks

Food and drink is cheap....Swag is not

Comment

So glad someone wins that dang lottery. I've been putting in for years. Enjoy the experience.

Comment

Been to a practice round, that place is heaven for a golfer. Not a blade of grass out of place

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
          So glad someone wins that dang lottery. I've been putting in for years. Enjoy the experience.
          I was starting to think it was a sham, and nobody really won.

Comment

This made it a little bit of a sham.

Comment

Originally posted by PoohDaddy View Post
              A buddy of mine scored Tuesday practice round tickets back in 2015 and I was one of 3 who was invited to go. We flew into Atlanta and stayed in Conyers (much cheaper than anything near Augusta). We played 36 at Cherokee Run (a Palmer course) in Conyers on Monday and then Tuesday we headed to Augusta to take it all in. One of the most amazing experiences to date. As others have said wear good walking shoes b/c you'll be doing tons of that. Also, look online for one of those little folding chairs...theres thousands of them out there and one thing I noticed is no one sits in a chair that doesn't belong to them. Everyone was very courteous and polite...concessions were dirt cheap but swag was spendy.

Comment

If you get there early on monday, go out to the course and see if someone will give you there passes for that day while they are walking out.

Comment

My dad and I went in April and it was incredible, can't wait to go back. We got there early and put our chairs down on the first row right behind 16 green, saw most of our favorite players and could have reached out and touched Tiger as he went on to win the tournament. If that sounds like something you'd like to do PM me and I can give you some tips.

Comment

If i die before i get to go to the Masters I'm really going to be pizzed.
                    I have friends who have gone and i can't stand to hear about their experience.

A practice round is when i'd love to go then watch the rest of the tournament in the house.
                    Congrats on the tickets.

Comment

congrats. on my bucket list for sure

Comment

Originally posted by aclark0495 View Post
                        If you get there early on monday, go out to the course and see if someone will give you there passes for that day while they are walking out.
                        This for sure
                        Not sure about giving them to you, but you can offer $ to them and most will sell them unless they want to keep the ticket as a keepsake.

We flew and stayed in Columbia, SC and just drove down each day. Its only about 45 mins and a lot less hectic than Atlanta.
                        Start saving money now to buy a bunch of merchandise.

Comment

In 2013 I got Wednesday practice round tickets. I took my son and it was a trip of a life time. Used Hilton points and stayed in Augusta.
                          Walk the entire course. Buy your stuff first and get it out of the way. (I had my stuff shipped to my house, so I would not have to carry it on the plane)
                          Take a camera and take a lot of pictures.
                          It is hard to describe what a day my son and I had. We are both golfers and it was truly amazing. The only problem with our trip was that my wife and daughter was not happy that they did not get a chance to go. Enjoy

Comment

Go to the merchandise room first and get that out of the way. They will send wherever you buy to your house UPS. That way you don't have to lug it around all day. He prepared to drop a lot of $. Easy to spend a grand.

Comment

Working...
                            X