Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hidden gun room question new home build?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hidden gun room question new home build?

Looking at doing a hidden gun room and was wondering if anyone any pointers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1st rule about hidden gun rooms: Don’t talk about hidden gun rooms. ��

Comment

Just like a shop or a safe....build bigger than you think you will ever need. I plan on building a “room safe” when we build our new home. It won’t be hidden per say but dedicated nonetheless. I have an idea of what it is I’m looking for...we will see.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
        Looking at doing a hidden gun room and was wondering if anyone any pointers?
        PM Barrett (FightinAggies) .... I can text you his number if needed

be sure to use the spare bedroom for this type of decor

Comment

In a two story home you can easily build a coat closet under the stairs, with a false wall at the back and put the safe farther back under the stairs. Could also do the same through an upstairs closet into the attic. In a single story house, a long foyer or hallway can be used to build a hidden door and it would be harder to notice the missing square feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post

I’m somewhere between your pic and my pic.

Just remember no 20 cals allowed

Comment

Originally posted by BonesandArrow View Post
              In a two story home you can easily build a coat closet under the stairs, with a false wall at the back and put the safe farther back under the stairs. Could also do the same through an upstairs closet into the attic. In a single story house, a long foyer or hallway can be used to build a hidden door and it would be harder to notice the missing square feet.

Looking to do a ranch style 3 bed with bonus room up stairs and 3.5 bath.

Comment

I have seen one that is hidden behind a bookshelf that has hidden wheels and is recessed into a wall. It's an interesting idea. I have thought about one of the in wall safes and putting it in the closet behind the wife's hanging clothes.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post

A lot of nice functional stuff in there. Not sure why there are plants and fake knights armor though.

Comment

If I ever build I'd just go with heavily reinforced thick concrete walls and a vault door with hidden access to the vault door.

Comment

Give some more specifics of what you are looking to do? Size of hidden gun room, approximate sqft of house and preferred location in relation to master bedroom? There are endless specs and ways to build.

Comment

Seen one with a hidden door in the back of a large kitchen pantry once.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Got a friend who has one hidden in plain sight. It's a living room wall. The room is all Magnolia wood and trimmed out so the door edges are covered by the trim. Magnets hold the door shut. He just has a chair in front of it.

Comment

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...est-gun-rooms/

Comment

I’ve always thought having attic pull down stairs with a room built a few feet away (in the attic) with AC and all would be completely hidden and somewhere the kids would never explore or think of.

Comment

Working...
                              X