Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Semi Live with African Arrow Safaris, FINALLY!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome critters!!! Africa is a special place.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
      Try one at a time
      That is a huge eland!

Comment

Ready for more updates!

Comment

How did it go today

Comment

Oh yeah need some food pics as well

Comment

Dang you've killed some good ones

Comment

Day two started just like day one. Harry and I went back to the mountain area to try and get another shot at bushbuck. This morning was overcast sky’s which isn’t the best for water hunting. It took awhile to start see much, but we eventually found a few thirsty critters. First up was two bushbuck ewes followed up with eight monkeys who came and gave me a good show to pass the time.

Around 11:00 I spotted a group of mountain reedbuck making there way through the brush. It was eight female and one buck in taking up the rear. I didn’t plan to shoot reedbuck, but Harry told me this was not a reedbuck to pass. I trust my PH and grab my bow for a shot. He makes his way to the water hole, but I have no shot due to the ewes. He finally got clear and was standing slightly quartering to us. Waiting for a better shot Harry never told me to draw, and as soon as he was finished drinking he never quit walking. Harry said we probably should have taken that slight quartering to shot, hindsight is 20-20 though.

After the reedbuck left we were visited by a young bushbuck, a bushbuck ewe and a little one. A littler after noon a big male Baboon snuck in on us. We looked up and he was at the water. These guys have incredible eyesight though. He never would let me draw my bow! He left out and was followed up by 15 or so female baboons.

Justin P shot a nice impala this morning. Great shot and he watched him fall.

We went in and had a great lunch it was the equivalent of what I call goolash and went back out for evening hunt. The evening hunt didn’t leave to any kills, plenty animals seen including a huge sable for Ben, he never offered a clean shot though. I’ll try and get some pics up. We will back at it bright and early.

PS we had an amazing dinner it was Wildebeest filets stuffed with peppers and cream cheese wrapped in bacon. Served with au gratin style potatoes.
                Attached Files

Comment

African Arrow doesn't disappoint. That is a monster sable.

Comment

That sable is a beast!

Comment

Congrats on the animals, is Johan still with them?

Comment

Yes Johan still guides for them. It was just Harry and Garry when I was there 2 weeks ago, but they mentioned Johan. I think it just depends on how many hunters are at the lodge.

Comment

Justin, I think your luck will turn around soon. Stay positive my friend!

Comment

Good luck tomorrow. You will be on the board shortly. It will happen.

Comment

congrats on some fine trophys so far

Comment

I just smoked a great impala. Fell in sight, I’m on the board!

Comment

Working...
                                X