No announcement yet.

2019 Crappie thread!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was the jig of the day. Old man that ties my jigs gave it to me years ago as a sample and it was a good one. He didn't have a name for it so it's called little man. He said I was banned from using it today so I had to find another one they liked as much! I did!![emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
      Had my buddy Shane and his boy Ethan on Fork this morning! Tough bite but we managed 20 keepers and Ethan caught his first 2 pound crappie! First time on a boat! First time crappie fishing. And first 2 pounder! That kid had a good day!!

That was a great day. That boy still went to raking and working in the yard after we got home.

Comment

Didn't want to grow weary of catching pigs on Palestine or Fork so we came back to Bridgeport one more time!![emoji2]
        Everybody that crappie fishes should come here at least once. Make you appreciate wherever you fish because it can't be this bad!! That said we caught tons of fish today. Size was just terrible. Somebody will figure them out I bet. They always do.

Comment

Try Livingston it sucks

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Didn't want to grow weary of catching pigs on Palestine or Fork so we came back to Bridgeport one more time!![emoji2]
            Everybody that crappie fishes should come here at least once. Make you appreciate wherever you fish because it can't be this bad!! That said we caught tons of fish today. Size was just terrible. Somebody will figure them out I bet. They always do.

Lol, locally it’s known as “the Dead Sea”[emoji90]

This time of year is tough.....clear, hot water with no deep structure.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post
              Lol, locally it’s known as “the Dead Sea”[emoji90]

This time of year is tough.....clear, hot water with no deep structure.

[emoji2]. Waiting in lines in! Ready to get this day over with!!

Comment

[emoji2]. Waiting in lines in! Ready to get this day over with!!

Good luck!

Comment

Got Iced Tea Slew?

Best to ya.

Comment

Good luck slew. Today is supposed to be a "dry" heat![emoji23][emoji3062]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

NICE! Did they turn on today or was it just a “toothless dogfight”?

Comment

Congratulations, Slew!!

Comment

Congrats Slew!

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post
                              NICE! Did they turn on today or was it just a “toothless dogfight”?

Today was pretty good!! Had 4 fish around 1.25 and several right around a pound. If we woulda kept fish today we would have had a 3 man limit pretty easy most likely. Found some brush piles on the main lake we liked. A couple docks and some laydowns in the river and they all produced fish! Though I had some belly meat to take home but Clay couldn't get net under that sucker! 3 or 4 attempts and if finally straightened the hook! I was helping little man steer the rod to keep it out from under fhe boat and breaking the rod! It was probably 25-30 pound flathead. Biggest fish little man has ever tied into! All home and unpacked. Gonna go to bed! Some old boy and his wife won D2! Glad they fished that division. They put pop knots on everybody's head! They had 10 pounds and said they quit fishing at 830!![emoji15]

Comment

Close one!

Comment

Working...
                                X