2019 Live Pig Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
    Headed to a friend's lease with her, her husband, and my wife. Gonna be riding the lease roads on a mule. They're overrun with pigs, should be good.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Any luck yet?

Comment

Good luck Muskles!

Sent from my LM-X410.FG using Tapatalk

Comment

Pulled up to a feeder with a big black boar under it. I shot twice, but he didn't drop. I know I hit him though.

Comment

We left around 11:30 last night. Didn't see any other pigs. We went to 3 feeders, set them off and waited 30 minutes to an hour. I've never had much luck going from feeder to feeder like that in a vehicle, but I was a guest and that's what they wanted to do. Their lease has been being logged for several months now and the goat weed and logging debris was so high it would have been a challenge to shoot anyway. The only way I got a shot at the one I did, was I got out of the mule and was able to climb up on an elevated box stand. Should have waited for a better shot, but that's hindsight. Unsure about where I hit him on the first shot. He didn't run away very fast. Not sure if I hit him with the second shot, as he was about 200 yards away and on the move. We didn't try to track him. Friends are just trying to thin them out before deer season. They have pics of them running the deer off the feeders. They have fences up around the feeders, but the pigs have figured out how to jump em. We've been invited back, but not sure when. They're going to mow and have one of those big chippers come out and clean up over the next few weeks. It's a managed lease, so their deer season starts the first week of October. Weird hunt though. Didn't hear any creates making noise, except crickets, frogs, and one hoot from an owl. No coyotes, whip or wills, or other things that usually make you jump.

Comment

Anyone been out braving this heat?
            I was planning on going Friday night.
            Got lazy and didn't.

Comment

Headed to the lease now.

Comment

Went Thursday night and shot a big boar I have been after, but unable to locate him after daylight. I was using my Airforce Texan SS.457. We looked at daylight but didn’t see anything. Friday night nothing came in. I usually get in the blind at 9pm and stay til 7am the next morning. Stayed home Saturday night and will stay home tonight til 2:30-3am and then head to the blind. They have been hitting the front feeder about 5am the last few mornings.

Comment

The wife and I came to the lease Friday night. I thought about doing a live hunt, but we never see anything while filling feeders and checking cameras. Having trouble with most of the cameras at the lease so far. Pulled up to the feeder at my wife's stand and it was off, no pictures. Guess I forgot to turn it back on after filling the feeder last time. Walked up to feeder and the ground was bare. Hit the test button and as it was spinning, I heard pigs squealing in the distance... probably coincidence. We sat there for a minute, then proceeded to the other camera at her stand. (This is where it gets good... backtrack, we're in the Jeep with the top and doors off!) We come around the corner to her other camera and 20 yards in front of us, a boar comes out of the woods and heads straight towards us, on her side of the Jeep. She's terrified of pigs and is trying to crawl over to my side. I put it in neutral and set the brake, jump out with my .40 Cal side arm. He heads in the bushes before I get a shot. We had her .243 in the back seat, but she doesn't like having it in the front because it gets in the way when I have to put the Jeep in reverse. That riffle stayed in her lap until we left that night.[emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Nada, I'm headed home.

Comment

Climbed in the stand at 3:45am. Got pigs at my other spot at the back of the place. Hoping they will come up front. Got a itchy trigger finger.

Comment

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
                        Climbed in the stand at 3:45am. Got pigs at my other spot at the back of the place. Hoping they will come up front. Got a itchy trigger finger.

Was you able to scratch the itch?

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                          I'm in. Planning to sit until around 11, hopefully. I think I left my thermacell on top of the Jeep cooling the last time I hunted the lease. Guess I drove off and lost it somewhere. We drove around a little Friday night looking for it, but no luck. Bought a new one Saturday night, glad I did.

Found it...well my buddy's wife did, in a dried up mud puddle. Igniter doesn't work, but I'm going to see if I can just buy that. This thread needed bumped anyway![emoji12]

Comment

I'm in.
                            These guys are hitting my wife's feeder at the lease pretty regular.

Comment

Just had a doe and fawn sneak in and out.

Comment

Excellent, something to follow along with

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X