Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is sitting on top of your AR pistol for a sight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is sitting on top of your AR pistol for a sight?

About to finish up my first AR pistol build (cheated a little, bought complete upper) and at the point I need something to aim with

300BO if caliber matters

Leaning toward some form of red dot

Will ride in the truck or on the 4 wheeler while roaming my place mostly

I have a Vortex Strike Eagle with a cantilever base. Not my rifle but same look.
    Attached Files

Comment

Steiner P4Xi on my 300 SBR. Wanted a red dot but realized it offered no real benefit for my intents and purposes. That said, the Steiner is a true 1x at lowest magnification. SO with the magnifier on, it is effectively a red dot but also obviously has the capability of magnifying 4x. I've never been able to but I have zero problem shooting with both eyes open at any magnification.

The P4Xi riflescope is a compact, tactical optic that is ideal for patrol rifles and AR platforms. This scope features a proven and versatile 4x zoom system with a true 1x that is perfect for close-quarters engagements and 400-yard accuracy at the highest magnification.High-contrast optics deliver outstanding results under poor light conditions. Steiner's P3TR illuminated reticle is quick pointing and offers 11 levels of illumination for day or night operations.
      Last edited by BlackHogDown; 08-16-2019, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Hard to beat an Aimpoint micro series on an AR.... I have a T1 on my SBR and it's been a beast

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
          I have a Vortex Strike Eagle with a cantilever base. Not my rifle but same look.
          I have one of these. Good, cheap and holds zero...Superior has had them on sale most f the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
            I have one of these. Good, cheap and holds zero...Superior has had them on sale most f the summer.
            Yep great buy for the price. No complaints whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
              Hard to beat an Aimpoint micro series on an AR.... I have a T1 on my SBR and it's been a beast
              This. T1 on my 12.5 pistol. Probably about to buy a T2. They are great.

Comment

Leupold Mark 4 SPR 1.5-5
                Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8
                RMR
                Aimpoint Comp M2
                Sig Romeo 5
                JPoint
                Trijicon ACOG 4x

My 8" 300blk has the Sig Romeo on it because I only shoot really short distances with it. The auto on/off feature is really nice. When you pick the gun up it automatically turns on the red dot.

If you are going to shoot 100-200yds I'd definitely go for a true 1-4x.

Comment

Vortex Sparc and Magpul flip-up front and rear sights

Comment

Vortex Magnifier and an EOTECH 300blk

Comment

I’ve got an EoTech on mine but check out the trijicon MRO. It’s small but has an awesome
                      Field of view and is getting real good reviews and it’s not priced terrible.

Comment

Aimpoint T 2's on all my shorties.

Comment

trijicon mro

Comment

A2 Carry Handle

Comment

I purchased this because I wanted a site and a laser and this does both.

Comment

Working...
                              X