Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riding mower brand - What's your preference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Riding mower brand - What's your preference?

I'm looking at John Deere and Husqvarna right now. Nothing fancy. Leaning towards the John Deere E100 and the Husqvarna YTH18542 at Lowes. Both are $1600. They also have Craftsman, which are cheaper in price. Not really impressed by them though.

Any preference, and if so, why do you recommend it?

All the best,
    Glenn

All are made by the same people, if you are buying from Lowe’s. If I’m not mistaken.

Comment

Been using a Cub Cadet for over 7 years no complaints

Comment

I really like my John Deere from a John Deere dealer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

John Deere.

The ones at Lowe’s are legitimate deer tractors. They are not made by MTD like people claim. They just aren’t the x series that you can only get at Deere dealers.

If you want a mower that’s got a few features you might like, look into the JD S240. It’s got a Kawasaki fs600 on it. Great little engine. It’s basically the e130 I believe with a Kawasaki motor and a few other little things.

I went down this path and most people steered me away from husqvarna for a few different reasons. So I looked at cub and they’re an MTD tractor now, so I didn’t jump on that either.

I ended up getting an X370 for a number of reasons. It was much more than I originally wanted to spend, but I got the Kawasaki, power steering, hydro lift deck and a tuff torque k57 what I can change the fluids on easily.

This tractor should last me a very long time if I do my part.
          Last edited by 12RingKing; 08-11-2019, 03:34 PM.

Comment

I bought a craftsman a few years back and have had nothing but problems with it.

Comment

I've been running Husqvarna for the past 6-7 years after Snappers went to crap. I also use a homeowner's JD to mow his yard and I don't like it since you cannot mow in reverse like the Husqvarna.

No way on any MTD product, and my mower maint guy's boneyard is ample testimony about which ones not ot buy--most are red or beige and yellow colored.

Comment

Save yourself some money!!

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                  I've been running Husqvarna for the past 6-7 years after Snappers went to crap. I also use a homeowner's JD to mow his yard and I don't like it since you cannot mow in reverse like the Husqvarna.

No way on any MTD product, and my mower maint guy's boneyard is ample testimony about which ones not ot buy--most are red or beige and yellow colored.
                  My x370 mows in reverse with the push of a button or a simple jumper.

Comment

My JD ZTR920M mows in all directions. The deck operates independently of the drive train. If the JD you are looking at has a yellow deck, go to a JD dealer and look at real JD mowers.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      My JD ZTR920M mows in all directions. The deck operates independently of the drive train. If the JD you are looking at has a yellow deck, go to a JD dealer and look at real JD mowers.
                      What color are “real” JD mowers supposed to have? My father buys his from the JD dealer (same place he buys his farm tractors), and his has a yellow deck. The E100 I was looking at is the same price as the one at the dealer, but Lowe’s gives a military discount. I don’t think the JD dealer does.
                      All the best,
                      Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by Iceman89 View Post
                        It will cost me more than the $600 I’d save to put gas in my truck, and stays at hotels for that 3000 + mile round trip. Plus the time off of work, etc... . (I moved to VA late last year)
                        All the best,
                        Glenn

Comment

Bought a JD 110 from Home Depot about 13 years ago. It has been outstanding!

Comment

I work with a man that works on mowers at home and he has a landscaping business. He said anything with a Kohler, Kawasaki or Honda engines are great and any thing with a Briggs & Stratton you can throw away.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                              I work with a man that works on mowers at home and he has a landscaping business. He said anything with a Kohler, Kawasaki or Honda engines are great and any thing with a Briggs & Stratton you can throw away.
                              The 30+ mower I just sold would say otherwise. It has a B&S motor on it and I know that the fluids have not been changed in 8+ years and she still cranks up and runs like a charm.

Comment

Working...
                              X