• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what county do you need it in?
    I have a dr brush and field mower in corpus Christi
    that i use for overgrown lots. I also have a 24 inch
    machine in Laredo, that I use around the farm. the smaller
    one is from tractor supply. it's made by swischer mowers.

Comment

I’m in Cameron County and my lease is in Starr county.

Comment

Originally posted by fishfeeder01 View Post
        what county do you need it in?
        I have a dr brush and field mower in corpus Christi
        that i use for overgrown lots. I also have a 24 inch
        machine in Laredo, that I use around the farm. the smaller
        one is from tractor supply. it's made by swischer mowers.
        I was at TSC earlier looking for something like that, didn’t see anything.

Comment

Buddy of mine rented a "billy goat" not sure on the model. that thing was a beast, self-propelled to include reverse.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
            Thanks for the input guys. The reason I was looking at a DIY push mower brush hog is that I have a smaller truck and no trailer. Idk if the billy goat will fit in the bed, plus I’ve read it weighs a lot. I would be going with my son who is 13 so not much man power to help me moving that beast around.
            Man I get it..., I got tired of asking people to brush hog my lanes and depend on them. I almost rented a "billy goat," too, but finally got me a pull behind DR, 20HP I can attach to my wheeler. I just picked it up yesterday, and can't wait to see how it does. All that to say this, Please don't take any shortcuts and modify a mower that could really hurt you or your son. It ain't worth it... I'm not trying to preach, but just don't wanna read a bad post on here later.
            Attached Files

Comment

MY BIL did it this to an old lawnmower my dad had when he first got on our lease. It was freaking awesome. As long as you walked up slowly and chipped away you could cut pretty much anything you wanted to with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbuddyandroby View Post
                Man I get it..., I got tired of asking people to brush hog my lanes and depend on them. I almost rented a "billy goat," too, but finally got me a pull behind DR, 20HP I can attach to my wheeler. I just picked it up yesterday, and can't wait to see how it does. All that to say this, Please don't take any shortcuts and modify a mower that could really hurt you or your son. It ain't worth it... I'm not trying to preach, but just don't wanna read a bad post on here later.
                That’s a awesome buy. At the moment I can’t make a purchase like that. It’s either rent one or make one. If it can fit in back of my midsize truck I might rent a billy goat.

Comment

That’s a awesome buy. At the moment I can’t make a purchase like that. It’s either rent one or make one. If it can fit in back of my midsize truck I might rent a billy goat.
                  If it's dry ground, and you can find a ditch or low spot to back in, you can offload it easy without lifting. Measure the width of your truck bed vs billy goat deck you might rent.

Comment

Ive got a Swisher walk behind brush cutter. Its a beast, if it will push it over it'll cut it.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      I bought a 30" DR field and brush mower that is self-propelled and steerable and that sucker is a beast!! If you can run over it, that sucker will chop it down and into little pieces!!

This here is a fact. A friend of mine has one and it’s amazing what it goes through

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                        Anyone ever had one of these? The reviews are great but i'm not sure it will cut what your wanting to cut.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Cub-Cade...-100/204627329
                        I have one of those. Not a brush cutter for real heavy stuff. It’s just an amped up weed eater. It’s perfect for my yard and I have used it at my lease for lanes that had been cut before.

Comment

DR or Billy Goat. They can be rented at United Rentals and other rental places.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                            I bought a 30" DR field and brush mower that is self-propelled and steerable and that sucker is a beast!! If you can run over it, that sucker will chop it down and into little pieces!!
                            Yep I borrowed one of these from a friend and it was amazing how well it worked.

Comment

Well I didn’t listen and built this death trap...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Well I didn’t listen and built this death trap...
                                In for the results on how well it works.

Comment

Working...
                                X