Gotta love handloading!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta love handloading!

Made a big batch of 10mm ammo. 275 rounds. Had approx. $66 in components.

Equivalent would have been $388 retail!

Loaded some 180gr lead fp’s and some 200gr XTP’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nice savings!!!

Comment

Gotta love handloading!

Yeah you can definitely save some money.

Recently I’ve been loading these 45-90’s, 560 grain paper patches. These babies are about $100 for 20 rounds. Hopefully they’ll shoot ok. Still trying to perfect my technique.

Comment

Yup I can reload most of what I shoot for 1/2 to 1/10th the cost of off the shelf ammo and get better components and accuracy to boot. Still not worth my time for 9mm or 12 gauge though.

Comment

I load everything I shoot, excluding shotgun and rim fire. I cast all of my pistol bullets and some rifle bullets as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
            I load everything I shoot, excluding shotgun and rim fire. I cast all of my pistol bullets and some rifle bullets as well.
            Get you a 16 or 28 gauge and you'll start reloading for that shotgun

Those two are way expensive to buy off the shelf.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
              Get you a 16 or 28 gauge and you'll start reloading for that shotgun

Those two are way expensive to buy off the shelf.
              Ain’t nobody got time for dat

Comment

I try and reload every I shoot too. My problem is my wife always wants to bother my when I’m in my concentration mode. Don’t have enough time to reload for my shotguns. It’s just easier to buy 60-80 flats a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Wil Taylor View Post
                  I try and reload every I shoot too. My problem is my wife always wants to bother my when I’m in my concentration mode. Don’t have enough time to reload for my shotguns. It’s just easier to buy 60-80 flats a year.
                  60-80?!? Dang!

Comment

Just started reloading again. In cowboy action shooting it’s a must really. The 12ga feather light loads that are a favorite are usually about $10 per box. 1000 rounds of 38’s are about $380 to $450 for factory reloads. I shoot about 8 to 12K a year and I cut my cost by about 60 to 70% plus I can load them how I want.

Comment

I have a few calibers that don't even exist in the commercial world. I have to reload those. Others, like the 416 Rigby are not affordable enough to purchase. Loading is a must for me.

Comment

I load everything I have for rifle, shotgun, and pistol. I do have some factory stuff for .223/6.5X55/6.5 PRC and some old 270 and 7 mag stuff that was given me, but I enjoy loading too much to shoot factory. I finally have enough space to put out all four shotgun presses and my pistol press and my single stage rifle press, but I think I'm going to purchase the Lee mounting kit and maybe one from MEC so that I can switch out presses and save some space on the bench.

I load .223/6.5 Swede/6.5 PRC/22-250/257 Roberts/270/7 RSAUM/7 Mag/9mm/45 ACP/357 Sig and 4 shotgun gauges. About the only thing I won't load for anymore is 12 gauge. I can't load it any cheaper than the factory stuff.

Comment

Hahahaha

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                          Ain’t nobody got time for dat
                          Too funny!

Comment

I guess I’m the oddball. I buy all rifle/pistol ammo and reload shot shells.

Comment

Originally posted by UltraMax View Post
                              Yeah you can definitely save some money.

Recently I’ve been loading these 45-90’s, 560 grain paper patches. These babies are about $100 for 20 rounds. Hopefully they’ll shoot ok. Still trying to perfect my technique.

I hear ya, I load for a 45-110 and couldn’t think about buying loaded rounds.

Comment

Working...
                              X