What kinda kids did you raise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have 2.
    Son 19, ferrellv on here was homeschooled starting 3rd grade thru his senior yr. Hated school the entire time. Decided he wanted to be a welder when he was about 13. He bought himself a rigged out welding truck and started his own business the month after his 18th birthday, he graduated welding school a month after his high school graduation.
    Has he messed up, sure he has he was a kid, but he stands up straight and owns what he done good or bad. He loves what he does, loves God, and his family. Feel free to send him a PM if you need any pipe pens, or fences built, or if you just need a hog trap or feed pen panels built.

Daughter is 15. She is homeschooled as well. She hates school but does very well at it. She has been known to cry when she got a 98 instead of 100 on a test. She is trying to decide what part of the medical field she wants to go into. She is do to start dual credit classes next year.

We are very proud of both. Both are totally different, but have the same desire to do what they love. Teach them to find something they love to do and would be willing to do it for free, then do it well enough some one will pay you to do it.

Comment

Y'all have a bunch of overachievers. I barely got mine through school.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I dont know if we are ever truly done "raising" our kids but both of mine are doing great. Oldest is 30 and is one of the most successful industrial real estate brokers in the city. His list of achievements are long and was recently made partner in his firm. He is married, owns his house and knows how to work hard but enjoy life at the same time. My youngest is 27 and travels a different path. He is a hard worker as well and self sufficient. He is very much a minimalist so it doesnt take much to keep him happy. Im blessed they both not only have strong work ethic but have conservative Christian values as well. I tried to impress upon them how much easier their lives would be if they did certain things in the proper order. As a dad, I couldnt be more proud of the two men I have helped raised. Things arent always easy and my kids arent/werent perfect, but when they are good at heart, with good values, things tend to workout in the end.

Comment

I have a 3.5 yr old, 2 yr old and an 8 month old. Ill report back in a few years

Comment

2 out of 3 of mine have been in jail for fighting.
            3rd one is 20 a junior at Sam. Theres still hope for her. MAYBE

Comment

Wish she were here to be judged.

Comment

I was having this conversation with my wife a couple days ago.... Three sons/two daughters. daughters were adopted. The boys have their degrees, one a masters in engineering from A&M, two are married, all doing great. The girls, 22 and 26, have both come back home. They are both working full time and trying to finish degrees. They aren't into drugs nor do they give us too much trouble except poor choices in boy friends. I asked my wife if they were just examples of failure to launch Seems the girls, in this case, just need more parenting. We are making them pay rent and not making it easy for them; encouraging them to be on their own while not alienating them. None are liberals so, there's that.. It's a difficult balance, no matter the age.....

Comment

My stepson is 13, hes a good kid. Struggles in school w dyslexia. He was a uphill battle. Hooefully the army navy or something will take him after highschool.

My son who is 7 is in 2nd grade, he does good in school a d loves to play outside. He wants to hunt, fish, ride bmx, skateboards, wakeboard, anything he can get his hands on. I'm just glad I'm not crazy old and cant enjoy it with him. I get the most enjoyment out of him being w me doing the things we both like together. I work my butt off to provide myself wife and kids w everything.

My 3 yr old, well hes like a Peter pan tasmanian devil on pcp. Boy has a mind of his own. He loves his own shadow, looking at himself anytime he can find his own reflection, riding w dad in his truck, going to the carwash and getting a drink at buccees or qt.

My kids are little so I'm having fun with them. Teaching them we can have fun, but we gota work for it. Thankfully I have a loving wife that takes care of all of us while I work.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                    Me too, Jeff. My heart still breaks for y'all.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                      Y'all have a bunch of overachievers. I barely got mine through school.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                      You're full of crap. You and your bride raised some great kids. They were always some of my favorites.

Comment

I got to meet HogSlayer78's son today. This young man was very polite and we'll mannered. HogSlayer78 and Mrs. HogSlayer78 should be proud.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
                          mine are too young yet to tell how they'll turn out. my parents must have done something right though. my 2 younger sisters and myself all out-earn our parents.
                          my wife of 12 years is a stay at home mom and I bring in 160k+ a year
                          my middle sister has a has a masters in teaching special ed and is a director in SA
                          my youngest sister is a branch manager at a bank and her husband is a tool pusher
                          Man, your rolling in it!!! I bet your parents are proud! 160, most of us can only dream of that!

Comment

Many of us on here wish the same thing for you amigo.

Comment

And that...is perspective.

“To the moon and back”

Continued prayers for you and the Mrs..

Comment

Working...
                              X