Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoulder Replacement

I need TWO total shoulder replacements.

Have any of you had a shoulder replacement?

Could you shoot a bow after?

How long after?

Yes, I was cleared after 3 months. I have had 1 shoulder replaced, with another on the way.
    PT is important. I had to stay in a sling for 5 weeks. Then I started PT. Some do it sooner. I did my PT twice a day, at home. I can push myself, so I ended going to physical therapist 5 times or so....every time they were going to change exercises
    Good luck! My shoulder feels great

A wise man’s heart inclines to the right, but the heart of a fool to the left.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2

Comment

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
      Yes, I was cleared after 3 months. I have had 1 shoulder replaced, with another on the way.
      PT is important. I had to stay in a sling for 5 weeks. Then I started PT. Some do it sooner. I did my PT twice a day, at home. I can push myself, so I ended going to physical therapist 5 times or so....every time they were going to change exercises
      Good luck! My shoulder feels great

I will be going through this as well. Can you play golf or other physical activities once you have been cleared? I am having more and more pain and my range of motion is going away. My doctor told me that when I can't tolerate it anymore I will tell him when I'm ready. At 55 years old I'm thinking I might as well go through with it now since I'm not getting any younger. I will heal faster now than 5 years from now and will get the use out of it.

Comment

I've had two surgeries on each shoulder plus both of my collar bones are dislocated right now. Woke up 5 days ago with the left shoulder killing me, feels like a pinched nerve. I go Thursday to see Dr Meister and see what he thinks is best for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Tryton View Post
          I will be going through this as well. Can you play golf or other physical activities once you have been cleared? I am having more and more pain and my range of motion is going away. My doctor told me that when I can't tolerate it anymore I will tell him when I'm ready. At 55 years old I'm thinking I might as well go through with it now since I'm not getting any younger. I will heal faster now than 5 years from now and will get the use out of it.

I could do anything, but now my other shoulder is screwed. So I am limited again. I may not be able to bow hunt this season I can only draw once or twice in a practice session.... sometimes I cannot draw at all

I had all my range of motion back. But I was a fanatic about PT. I have a coworker who had shoulder surgery at same time, but he would not do all the PT because it hurt. He is nowhere close to the range of motion that I have.

Last edited by bps3040; 07-15-2019, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
            I could do anything, but now my other shoulder is screwed. So I am limited again. I may not be able to bow hunt this season I can only draw once or twice in a practice session.... sometimes I cannot draw at all

I had all my range of motion back. But I was a fanatic about PT. I have a coworker who had shoulder surgery at same time, but he would not do all the PT because it hurt. He is nowhere close to the range of motion that I have.

Thanks for the information. I'm at a point now where I can't bow hunt or do a lot of things so i don't think I have much to loose.

Comment

Working...
            X