Goose Weed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goose Weed

Goose Weed or Goose Grass. Who has experience with this devil? I noticed the first single 'clump' three years ago. It has now completely taken over about two acres. I try to keep it scalped. It appears to hate dry/hot.

I've gone full Jihad on it near the barn with Glysophate. ****ed stuff pops up out of nowhere. Roots are deep. Unless ground is saturated, it's not being pulled up.

I welcome any expertise or suggestions.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

I've been fighting it this year. First time I've had it.

Double strength Target 6 Plus. Just be aware at that concentration it kills everything.
    Then if it has seeded, you need some seed control. i've used Preen; we'll see if it works.
    Right now I'm getting a few new growths here and there, but they may have already been germinated.

I haven't tried extra strong Roundup, but it might work.

Comment

In your yard?

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
        In your yard?
        Not my true lawn by the house. More in small pasture with some Bermuda.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
          Not my true lawn by the house. More in small pasture with some Bermuda.

1.5 quarts per acre Target6/MSMA with a surfectant

Comment

A couple of goats would take care of that in one week

Then you can celebrate with some BBQ Cabrito.

Comment

MSMA is off label in grazing pasture. There’s a new pre emergent product called Rezilon that will take care of goosegrass. I would run it in January at 3 oz/acre.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                A couple of goats would take care of that in one week

Then you can celebrate with some BBQ Cabrito.
                We have goats. If they're not penned up, they run over the Goose Grass to get to my wife's flowerbeds. Not good for my marriage.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
                  We have goats. If they're not penned up, they run over the Goose Grass to get to my wife's flowerbeds. Not good for my marriage.

I’m a landscape contractor and a few years ago a customer called and said everything was dying and I needed to get my crap together.Of course I immediately run to her place just to see about a dozen Pygmy goats in the flower beds just eating every green sprout possible.I knocked on the door and casually pointed out the problem and told her I was there to eliminate the issues she was having with the product.

Comment

Working...
                  X