Arrowhead ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrowhead ID

My wife found this point in the water at Matagorda beach. This is the first one she has found and was very excited! Can y’all give me info on this point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow cool find

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

That's pretty cool finding a arrow head along the coast. Then it's a very nice one. I have seen pictures of arrow heads some guys have found along Texas shorelines, they were all very small. Finding one that size in that area is surprising.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
        That's pretty cool finding a arrow head along the coast. Then it's a very nice one. I have seen pictures of arrow heads some guys have found along Texas shorelines, they were all very small. Finding one that size in that area is surprising.
        That’s what my uncle said. They find small ones all the time.

Comment

Great find. That probably came from central Texas and maybe traded with some Karankao local.

Comment

Originally posted by sabinehunter View Post
            great find. That probably came from central texas and maybe traded with some karankao local.
            smh

Comment

Looks to be a knife!

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                Great find. That probably came from central Texas and maybe traded with some Karankao local.
                Huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Statton48 View Post
                  Huh?
                  Maybe he meant Karankawa, Idk.

Comment

Could you post pics of the base? Cant tell is some is missing. At any rate, its thousands of years old. I might do better with Id after seeing the bottom better.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenZ View Post
                      Maybe he meant Karankawa, Idk.
                      My understanding is that the Karankawa used very few tools, and were pretty much naked. The other indians called them "children", because they were so primitive. My guess is that is an archaic point.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                        My understanding is that the Karankawa used very few tools, and were pretty much naked. The other indians called them "children", because they were so primitive. My guess is that is an archaic point.
                        This point is thousands of years older than known tribes.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                          Could you post pics of the base? Cant tell is some is missing. At any rate, its thousands of years old. I might do better with Id after seeing the bottom better.
                          I will try to get a pic of the base when I get home.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                            This point is thousands of years older than known tribes.
                            Wow that is amazing. But can you still date it to persons of a certain era?
                            For instance when you guys reference the Clovis people?

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                              Wow that is amazing. But can you still date it to persons of a certain era?
                              For instance when you guys reference the Clovis people?
                              It is not Clovis. If the base is intact I probably can.i am pretty sure what it is right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X