Loss of a loved one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loss of a loved one

This morning my dad gained his wings and went home to the promise land to live with the Lord. It’s been a heck of a week as he has battled issues with Covid and his body couldn’t take it anymore. I feel relieved that he is healed and no longer hurting and I truly feel blessed to have been able to speak to him right before he went into a coma. With all this……

How do you all deal with the loss of a loved one? I understand time can heal but is there any good books, podcasts or other ways of understanding things better?

I am getting ready to deploy for the next 12 months as well so this has been a very rough time as you could imagine. I am going to spend the rest of this month hunting and spending time outdoors as that is what my dad would want before I leave.

I would appreciate any recommendations you all may have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for you loss. Try to remember the great times you shared

Comment

Sitting next to my 91 year old dad as I type. Gotta admit I have zero [emoji362] idea but dang sure starting to realize I need to harden myself to the inevitable. Covid has to make this time rougher for you, especially with folks constantly diminishing the outcomes. I respect your ability to ask and hope to learn as you geaux thru these dire times.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

So sorry for your loss! Keep turning to God Brother! Prayers sent!

Comment

In my humble opinion, you will never completely get over the loss of your Dad or your Mom, you just have to do the best you can. Get off by yourself and let it loose. Cry like a baby and get it over with. That’s what I did when my Dad died. I was only 20 years old at the time so I didn’t have a lot of time with him. It hit me pretty hard.

Comment

Sad to hear that..prayers up

Comment

So sorry for your loss. Please accept my condolences.

Comment

Sorry my friend, always remember the good times and fun things yall did together.

God Bless
                Bish

Comment

I lost my Dad at 66 years of age, and my brother at 66. Just think of the good times is my advice. Being alone in nature should help. Mostly it just takes time. Good luck!

Comment

I appreciate the responses. I wish there was a why and that will never be known until I am with him again.

It’s definitely not something that is thought about but this was really opened my eyes to life and how precious it truly is. I think nature and time will be what will heal us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very sorry about your dad, may he rest in peace. Being able to be with him until right before the coma will mean a lot to you over the years. While you are outdoors the next few weeks your dad will be with you, count on it. Keep his memory close, you will still miss him, but try to remember the good times you two had together and that will help some.

Comment

It's tough. You'll have to get it over like I did when my dad died of an early age of cancer....one day at a time. The hurt is gradually replaced with good memories. And it sucks that someone on this thread is already making sure they get their subtle jabs in. Your dad deserves better. RIP sir.

Comment

I am so sorry. My deepest sympathies and prayers for you all.

Gary
                          Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Prayers up for you and family

Comment

Lost my dad in February. It is still hard at times. Just out of nowhere I break down. You just have to keep living your life and remember all the good times. Praying for you

Comment

Working...
                              X