Archery related injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Archery related injury

Was dialing in my new bow a few weeks ago and shot way more arrows than i would in a normal practice session.

Next day shoulder was a little sore but not bad. shot again a few days later and had a pain right where my shoulder and chest meet, but after a few draw cycles it went away. this continued for a few practice sessions

took a week off and this morning went to shoot and draw the bow back and it was difficult....a bit of pain in the same area. shot again and it was the same and after than it subsided and arrows 3-10 were fine. 4 hours later my arm felt like someone took a drill and ran it thru the front part of my shoulder.

Any ideas what this could be? I've never had this happen before

Rotator cuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like something muscular since it went away after you stretched it a bit. I suggest stretching it and resting for a few days before shooting again.

Comment

I would go see an orthopedic surgeon and let the dr. determine the problem, then provide you with a solution to your problem. It could be an array of issues. X-rays, MRI's and dr. knowledge are probably needed.

Comment

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post
          Rotator cuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Rotator cuff is in the shoulder blade. This is in the deltoid

Comment

Time to buy a Xbow ?

Comment

You're just old.

Comment

Muscle strain, tendon, ligament strain.

Comment

I would seek out a physical therapist.

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                    Was dialing in my new bow a few weeks ago and shot way more arrows than i would in a normal practice session.

Next day shoulder was a little sore but not bad. shot again a few days later and had a pain right where my shoulder and chest meet, but after a few draw cycles it went away. this continued for a few practice sessions

took a week off and this morning went to shoot and draw the bow back and it was difficult....a bit of pain in the same area. shot again and it was the same and after than it subsided and arrows 3-10 were fine. 4 hours later my arm felt like someone took a drill and ran it thru the front part of my shoulder.

Any ideas what this could be? I've never had this happen before
                    Not a doc, but it’s probably time to pull less pounds. I never saw a difference in killing between 70 lbs. and 58 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                      Not a doc, but it’s probably time to pull less pounds. I never saw a difference in killing between 70 lbs. and 58 lbs.
                      There’s a big difference- the arrow goes further into the ground on the other side of the deer at 70 vs 58.

Comment

Ice, heat, tiger balm rubbed in real, real good. Rest it a while.

Comment

Good advice so far
                          If continues to bother you…go to an orthopedic
                          If you rest it & treat it yourself & goes away you might also try some exercises with a band simulating the draw cycle to help isolate & strengthen those muscles involved as well as dial back poundage if able

Comment

The rotator cuff joins the ball of the upper arm bone (humorous) into the shoulder socket, muscles and tendons make it up. It’s not one muscle or tendon and isn’t in the shoulder blade.
                            Had people say, I tore my rotator cuff… and I reply, which part? And the repeat the rotator cuff. Lol

Comment

Huh? I should have paid more attention in anatomy I guess. ��. There is no such thing as “a” rotator cuff. :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X