Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Airlines is a poop show right now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American Airlines is a poop show right now!

For almost a week now we have been trying to book several legs of travel, 2 biz trips for me, my wife will accompany me on 1, and then a trip to grandma’s for my daughter, then they will continue on to Florida to see extended family.

My business travel was easy enough, login, & book online. But you can’t book an unaccompanied minor online so we had to wade through the reservations hotline. And my wife’s mom gave her a flight credit to use on her trip accompanying me on business to Tampa.

Over the weekend American determines that they are under staffed to handle the onslaught of travel and cancels 300 flights, one of which was my flight today to Baltimore, but I’ll come back to that. You can imagine the burden 300 canceled flight places on an already understaffed call center. 18 HOUR HOLD times on Saturday! When they finally returned my wife’s call it was at 3am!!!!

Back to my flight, originally scheduled to depart at 10:30 this am, was one of the ones canceled over the weekend. No worries, automagically rebooked to one at 4:45 not arriving in Baltimore until midnight, but oh well. I get notified at 2:30 my new departure is delayed. Then delayed again. And since I couldn’t get anyone on the phone, I drove to the airport to speak to an agent, who said she canceled my reservation… but I kept getting updates on my phone, and it wasn’t changed online… turns out she never actually canceled it at all. And there was no way they would be able to get me to BWI before late afternoon tomorrow, which didn’t provide enough time for the meetings I had scheduled.

All of that… and I’m sitting in my recliner tonight instead of somewhere over the SE headed to Baltimore.

I guess I shall try this all again on Sunday.

We did finally get an agent on the phone, but only because my itinerary was changed by America .

Playa, I am very sorry to hear this. It has been crazy for sure... I hope that things get better and I hope that your trust with AA hasn't been broken. Its crazy times right now with the unexpected spike in travel...management and support staff are even volunteering their time to assist the front line workers at DFW. I hope we can accommodate and I hope that we can make it right by you.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Comment

AA has always been a poop show in my interactions with them.

Comment

Is there an airline company that isn't a crap show 24/7/365? I absolutely HATE flying. They all suck.

Comment

Flew SW Airlines to Reno last week. On time and smooth sailing.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
            Playa, I am very sorry to hear this. It has been crazy for sure... I hope that things get better and I hope that your trust with AA hasn't been broken. Its crazy times right now with the unexpected spike in travel...management and support staff are even volunteering their time to assist the front line workers at DFW. I hope we can accommodate and I hope that we can make it right by you.

It’s not an indictment on American, though I think anyone could have anticipated there was about to be a surge of pent up travel about to explode as things opened.

We finally got it all handled. My daughter will fly with me to DFW, I will hand her to grandma, and I continue on to BWI. Just hope y’all get me back on time, my son’s 13th bday is Wednesday and I got him a sweet SR22 !!!

I’m loyal. AA credit card holder and log plenty of miles. For getting out of lubbock to anywhere I do business AA is my best option and I’m not heresies like livestock to my seat
            Last edited by Playa; 06-22-2021, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Keeping my fingers crossed for my trip back home on Thursday but no issues on Tuesday with AA to Nashville

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                It’s not an indictment on American, though I think anyone could have anticipated there was about to be a surge of pent up travel about to explode as things opened.

We finally got it all handled. My daughter will fly with me to DFW, I will hand her to grandma, and I continue on to BWI. Just hope y’all get me back on time, my son’s 13th bday is Wednesday and I got him a sweet SR22 !!!
                I am glad to hear that. And I hope it is smooth sailing on the return... traveling no matter the circumstances can be stressful.

If you guys are ever in the DFW area and have an extra hour to kill, I highly recommend the CR Smith museum... be sure to holler at me if you ever go! Good luck and be safe.

Comment

The problem is with pilots. The pilots have to have physicals because of the amount of flights and many who have taken the fake vax will not pass because of heart issues caused by the spike proteins. Some airlines are already laying off all pilots that have been vaxed such as British Airlines. Get used to it, it will get worse.

Comment

It happened to my wife and her sis Saturday. Supposed to leave early Saturday morning and wound up leaving late in the afternoon. Of course that put them in ND aroung 10/11 pm. Long day !

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                      Is there an airline company that isn't a crap show 24/7/365? I absolutely HATE flying. They all suck.

Exactly
                      I’ll fly sw and that’s about it and only when absolutely required
                      Otherwise if I can’t drive I ain’t going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Southwest kept changing our flights. We ended up with ****ty flight times and an extra stop on our last trip. They should compensate you for changing flights on you.

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
                          Flew SW Airlines to Reno last week. On time and smooth sailing.
                          Guess that wasn't the day where they canceled 1,300 flights due to a "computer glitch"?

Comment

Well, we didn’t have a problem/delay either way so I guess those days were not the days that they had they computer glitch.

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
                              The problem is with pilots. The pilots have to have physicals because of the amount of flights and many who have taken the fake vax will not pass because of heart issues caused by the spike proteins. Some airlines are already laying off all pilots that have been vaxed such as British Airlines. Get used to it, it will get worse.
                              Yeah I don't think so

Comment

Working...
                              X