Roll off dumpsters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roll off dumpsters?

Anyone own any? Im considering buying a few and going from there.
    Any insight would be great. I have a few friends in the business that have been helpful.

No help on that piece, but I sell and rent heavy duty roll-off trucks if you find yourself in the market.

Comment

Go to your local fire department and talk to a fireman because everyone of them either own roll off dumpsters or a skid steer for side gigs. I’ve spent plenty of time fixing their skid steer **** ups. Maybe they’re better at the roll off dumpster business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Uh yep. Better figure out dump fees, what towns will and will not let you in them, then figure each dumpster is 4k trailer 10k truck you pick a number....you need 10-20 roll offs to start. Then figure out marketing, over weight costs and ability to charge back, how long can they have it, turn around and re rent is the key. Figure easy $100,000 to make a serious run at it depending on how nice a truck. Just a guess......

Comment

oh. And be careful of dot weights on truck and trailer then need cdl

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
            Uh yep. Better figure out dump fees, what towns will and will not let you in them, then figure each dumpster is 4k trailer 10k truck you pick a number....you need 10-20 roll offs to start. Then figure out marketing, over weight costs and ability to charge back, how long can they have it, turn around and re rent is the key. Figure easy $100,000 to make a serious run at it depending on how nice a truck. Just a guess......
            This was my delima , had a great deal on buying some roll offs
            And could find zero dumps that would accept the trash
            Every dump for 80+ miles is owned by the huge MAGA trash/ disposal corporation’s
            And they have some strict rules, no paint, no appliances, no crazy stuff that might be in a garage, only demo or none chemical
            Draw up a credit card contract and if the customer puts reject stuff or extra fee material so you can charge them for the fees

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
              This was my delima , had a great deal on buying some roll offs
              And could find zero dumps that would accept the trash
              Every dump for 80+ miles is owned by the huge MAGA trash/ disposal corporation’s
              And they have some strict rules, no paint, no appliances, no crazy stuff that might be in a garage, only demo or none chemical
              Draw up a credit card contract and if the customer puts reject stuff or extra fee material so you can charge them for the fees
              Till you go to charge card and its canceled, know 2 guys in the business and this has happened or they dispute overload charges saying you added to it. Some big companies as you found own the dumps and price out all their competition on dump fees

Comment

I’ll also add that a lot of municipalities have contracts with companies. Any work within their jurisdiction has to use em.

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                  I’ll also add that a lot of municipalities have contracts with companies. Any work within their jurisdiction has to use em.
                  Yep in the Hillcounrty, waste management has control of the market, residential and commercial, so they control the market
                  Not sure about kerrviile but the land fill is very expensive and picky about stuff being organized

Comment

Working...
                  X