Best fish fry recipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best fish fry recipe?

I'm a regular cornmeal with salt and pepper guy normally, sometimes I buy the pre packaged seasonings. What is your best way to get fish ready to fry, do you marinade or no marinade, pre-packaged seasoning, or homemade?
    Let's here what ya got!

I’ve tried many ways but I’d like to hear what others come up with.

Tag

Comment

I like to soak in buttermilk for a little while then mix louisiana’s Blue and yellow bags together and add your own seasoning such as ragin blaze in a big brown grocery bag then throw the fish in shake’m up and throw em in the fryer. I’ve heard of people using mustard for a binder but I’ve never tried it myself.

Comment

That's my go to as well, sometimes I'll cut the corn meal with a little flour to give the batter a smoother consistency. As far as marinade goes, a little mustard and or Louisiana hot sauce over the fillets for an hour or so before they get rolled in the corn meal/flour

Comment

We soak in mustard or Louisiana hot sauce and then batter with Zatarain's seasoned fish fry. Always turns out great. The mustard helps give a thicker crisper batter and you cant taste the mustard after frying.
          Attached Files

Comment

Crush up saltine crackers to a fine blend add your seasoning any Louisianan shake seasonings coat well and put them in the fryer. Usually dont soak them. Wife will sometimes dredge them in egg/milk then coat and fry.

Comment

Same as above but after frying I place the fish on cardboard or a beer flat instead of a paper towel to achieve maximum crunch.

Comment

Beer batter. One cup flour, one.can beer.

Comment

Mix yellow mustard with some hot sauce in a bowl to put fillets in.

For batter - Corn meal and instant mashed potatoes !/2 and 1/2. Throw in whatever seasonings you like. I use Cajun Blakes.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post

For batter - Corn meal and instant mashed potatoes !/2 and 1/2. Throw in whatever seasonings you like. I use Cajun Blakes.
                    I'm super intrigued

Comment

When you pull the fillets out of the mustard and hot sauce just leave a light coat - just enough to get batter to stick.

Comment

I just dust in lightly-seasoned flour, egg, and then crushed ritz crackers. All you need Though, Glen's batter recipe has me very interested.

Comment

Salt, Yellow cornmeal, hot lard.
                          Nothing else needed except fried taters, some ketchup and a big fresh lemon for my sweet tea.

Comment

x2 on the buttermilk with a couple of dashes of your favorite vinegar based hot sauce, then 2/3 cornmeal with 1/3 flour with whatever seasoning you would like.

I have done a tempura batter that works well:
                            1 cup floor (sifted)
                            1 tablespoon cornstarch (sifted)
                            1.5 cup chilled club soda or use can use beer
                            salt

Comment

reicipe

Originally posted by glen View Post

Instant Mashed potatoes?

Comment

Working...
                              X