Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brace yourself!!!…. A BOWhunting thread

I got hogs…. I gots lots of hogs.

Been preparing for deer season and a draw hunt this year. Got a few new gadgets and just got my new scentlok early season gear in (awesome stuff by the way). Every place I got, feeder or not is still infested… and daylight movement. After 201 confirmed dead… more show up.

Got a pic today of a Poland/China at the dairy, last 2 evenings at 7:00. So at 6:40 I go up a tree to try and make him dead.
    Parked atv at red x and went to stand.
    Blue is normal and expected hog entry
    Purple is wind direction
    Yellow….
    Attached Files

For whatever reason I looked to my left and caught movement! A black boar, not on camera was crossing a wide open freshly bailed field ( bedded in creek) and attempted to wind check where I use to hunt
    Attached Files

Comment

Didn’t take 2 minutes and I could see a sapling getting violated and then… entered my opponent!

Took forever to get him into a position where my non adult, hyperactive teenage arrows wouldn’t just bounce off of him, but he eventually rounded the last obstacle at 12.5 yards…. Just inside my effective range!

I found the thickest, widest part of the shoulder and sent my last muzzy phantom on a crash course!…. And he took it like a MAN! Yonder he went….

I didn’t hear anything… then looked across a gap and seen him grab 5th gear crossing another field and was gone.

“Well… that ain’t looking good”

I didn’t have much hope at all after seeing that dash. But my placement was to the .0001” of where I wanted it. And obviously I wasn’t going to target anything big with these flappers, so I was puzzled by seeming lack of penetration

I waited a few and figured I can knock off 120 yards of tracking easily. And would go mark and track tomorrow… if anything to track. My arrow was broke and laying less than 10 yards on trail. Soaked…. Hmmm

I cut across to where I saw him run and I swear you can see this blood trail from google earth. There was blood flowing in field !
      Attached Files

Comment

The blood trail was at least this good from arrow for 150 yards.He was leaking like a big block Chevy . Once I got to wood line where I last saw him, the trees were painted and 20 yards in was #202 this year. Seems the pressure was more than he could bare…

Drug him out with atv and got some pics and did autopsy to see what did what. Cut his aorta completely into.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Low Fence; 09-13-2021, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Wow, great story and awesome shot

Comment

That’s awesome. Great write up. How the heck did he run that far pouring out like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
              That’s awesome. Great write up. How the heck did he run that far pouring out like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              All I can figure is he had 2 seemingly working lungs and a pumping heart…. He ran out of blood in that 150ish yard dash from that 1 small hole. He so clean cause I drug him over 1/2 mile. Lol

Comment

Congrats on the warm up for the season.

Comment

Big sucker right there! Congratulations!

Comment

Nice pig and write up Kyle! And miraculously another pig down with a toddler arrow! Well done!

Comment

That's a big'un, nice!!

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on the bow kill!!!

Comment

Nice Little Kyle

Comment

Nice pig!

Comment

Mr. Kyle, you are a hog killing son of a gun. Congrats on another dead pig.

Rwc

Comment

Working...
                              X