No announcement yet.

Don't sell your old rifles yet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's been my understanding that the most important factor is having enough shoulder to index the suppressor ... my gunsmith didn't want to thread my 243 5/8x24 . not enough shoulder left.. he had zero issue with the way I went ... i'm sure the experts will disagree!
    they seem to always do ...

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
      FWIW, my custom 338 WSM has a 1/2x28 threaded brake on it. My heavy loads are probably north of 65,000 psi chamber pressure. Same as a Lazzeroni Galaxy rifle. 26" Ed Shilen barrel. Gun built by Euless Guns and Ammo.
      This rifle shoots 200gr Nosler silvertips to 3200fps with 72gr of W760 or H414.
      Probably has near 1000 rounds down it over the last 20 years.
      Back in the day , Ed at Euless guns did my 30/06 muzzle brake too ... made it so much more pleasant to shoot ... but LOUD!!!!

I guess i'll need to swing by when he's there some time and let him know how much of an idiot he is .. lol

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
        Back in the day , Ed at Euless guns did my 30/06 muzzle brake too ... made it so much more pleasant to shoot ... but LOUD!!!!

I guess i'll need to swing by when he's there some time and let him know how much of an idiot he is .. lol
        He's not there much anymore. When he is it's early in the mornings. Saw Ed about a month ago and he invited me to come down to his place in Athens and shoot some pigs. Haven't had time yet but I'm gonna do it when it gets cold weather maybe late Jan. or Feb.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
          He's not there much anymore. When he is it's early in the mornings. Saw Ed about a month ago and he invited me to come down to his place in Athens and shoot some pigs. Haven't had time yet but I'm gonna do it when it gets cold weather maybe late Jan. or Feb.
          last time i was there a few weeks ago i missed him by just a few minutes..

sounds like a good time, Ed's a good dude! but they don't do much work there any more, last time i asked for a thread job, they told me they send it off somewhere up north.

it's hard to find a good and affordable gunsmith nowadays..

on a side note ..
          ruger customer service 1 (336) 949-5200

they thread their 350 legend 1/2x28 .... bullets are .357 cal

someone might want to give them a call and let them know how their gunsmiths are incompetent.
          Last edited by imyomama; 09-08-2021, 11:46 AM.

Comment

last time i was there a few weeks ago i missed him by just a few minutes..

sounds like a good time, Ed's a good dude! but they don't do much work there any more, last time i asked for a thread job, they told me they send it off somewhere up north.

it's hard to find a good and affordable gunsmith nowadays..
            Once Todd left they are pretty much out of gunsmithing experience other then simple stuff. They machinery is still there but nobody to run it. Ed can do it but he's retired for all practical purposes. It was actually Todd that built my rifle.

Comment

Who the heck sells guns?lol

Comment

Thanks for the information

Comment

I had my Tikka 7 mag cut from 24 to 21 and threaded 1/2x28. Sig SRD762 works perfectly on it.

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
                    I had my Tikka 7 mag cut from 24 to 21 and threaded 1/2x28. Sig SRD762 works perfectly on it.
                    i bet it's much more pleasant to shoot...

Comment

i bet it's much more pleasant to shoot...
                      its incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
                        its incredible.
                        same reason i did my 243 ... i wouldn't shoot anything loud any more .. not to mention it's nice confirmation when you hear that bullet smack ... you instantly know when you make a solid shot

Comment

Cool deal

Comment

I threaded my .300 WM to 1/2x28 with an adapter for the sandman TI. It’s a dream to shoot didn’t have to take any length off.

Comment

Can you recommend a gunsmith in the Houston area to thread my barrel to 1/2x28?

Comment

Roberts Precision Rifles, good guy to work with.

Comment

Working...
                                X