Alligator Gar-Fishing Recap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rladner View Post
    Well, Chris delivered. I just chose the guide wisely. All I had to do was cheer him on and drink a few beers
    You did great. He'll remember this trip for the rest of his life

Comment

That is so cool!

Comment

Awesome trip, congrats!

Comment

Holy Gar Balls! Awesomeness!

Comment

That's too cool!! Congrats to ya'll!!!

Comment

Chris is a good dude!
              congrats!

Comment

He will be talking about that trip for a while. Y'all did pretty good. I have fought numerous very large gar over the years, every time, when they decide they have had enough, they just open their mouth and let go of the hook and slowly swim off. One was so big, he did not even act like he was hooked. Just swam around like he was before, I got him to take my bait. But when any time he was swimming away from me, he taking line. It was like I hooked a bull dozer, slow moving and I really don't think he had any idea he was on my line. I had him on for about 15 minutes, till he let go of the bait and hook.

I am definitely not any form of expert on catching gar, I can hook and land spotted gar and maybe one or two small alligator gar, but never have been able to get a hook solidly into a large gar, enough to land one. Looks like your guide knows his stuff, y'all managed to land quite a few in a day. I would bet your son is going to want to go do that again.

Comment

Congrats. I have known Chris aka Bigdaddy for many years. Great guy.

Comment

That’s awesome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Goodgoshawallamoddy!! That young man has done already caught bigger fish than most men ever will!! You gonna have a hard time topping that one dad!! What a day!! Congratulations to the young man and to you too for raisin' him up right!!

Comment

Working...
                      X