Possibly
    Is this a hill country buck?
    Yessir.

Comment

I'm going with old.

Comment

I’m going with mature. Not post mature.

Comment

I'm going to say no, but something looks off about him for sure.

Comment

I would say he was 3 - 4

Comment

Originally posted by freerhunter16 View Post
              I'm going to say no, but something looks off about him for sure.
              Something was very off about him for sure. Watched him for 3 years and every time I saw him next to a deer I knew was young, he looked different, next to an old deer, still looked different, his neck, feet, and face always threw me off. Sucker had some long hooves, and was a very tall deer (body wise) compared to the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lilbradford View Post
                Something was very off about him for sure. Watched him for 3 years and every time I saw him next to a deer I knew was young, he looked different, next to an old deer, still looked different, his neck, feet, and face always threw me off. Sucker had some long hooves, and was a very tall deer (body wise) compared to the others.

What did his teeth look like?

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                  What did his teeth look like?

I’ll have to tell you when I get the euro done. He’s in a deep freeze lol.

Comment

These were all taken of him in 2018.

Comment

He's a ? for sure. Just glancing at the pics I probably wouldn't have called him too old in 2019. Certainly not what I consider post-mature (9+). How old did y'all think he was when y'all killed him? I don't care what the teeth show, what did y'all think he was?

Some deer just never show their age. Some will look like a 3 year their entire life. You just never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                        He's a ? for sure. Just glancing at the pics I probably wouldn't have called him too old in 2019. Certainly not what I consider post-mature (9+). How old did y'all think he was when y'all killed him? I don't care what the teeth show, what did y'all think he was?

Some deer just never show their age. Some will look like a 3 year their entire life. You just never know.
                        I thought he was post mature. Everything about him threw me off in person. I can usually look at a buck and say whether he’s young or not, but every time I saw him next to a “young” deer, he looked definitely older. Even in 2018 when I saw him next to 2-3 year olds he looked older.

I took him to just be old as dirt and that’s why he got whacked.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post

+1

My Goliad bucks are very tough to age compared to the bigger bodied atascosa deer we have killed. We have let some older cull bucks slip thru the cracks due to age uncertainty

Comment

Did he have nuts?

Comment

Originally posted by SS75 View Post
                              Did he have nuts?
                              Nothing was abnormal there.

Comment

Originally posted by lilbradford View Post
                                I thought he was post mature. Everything about him threw me off in person. I can usually look at a buck and say whether he’s young or not, but every time I saw him next to a “young” deer, he looked definitely older. Even in 2018 when I saw him next to 2-3 year olds he looked older.

I took him to just be old as dirt and that’s why he got whacked.
                                Photo of teeth?

Comment

Working...
                                X