Anyone Rent Their Camper? RVShare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Rent Their Camper? RVShare?

Curious to see if there is anyone on the green screen that uses the RVshare platform or uses any other type of marketing/rental platform to rent their camper?

If so, are you happy with any of those online rental platforms and how has the experience been renting your camper?

TIA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My cousin rents his. I guess I could put you in touch.

Comment

Beetleguy does. Maybe he will chime in soon.

Comment

I have a friend that does. He said he's only had one bad experience out of about 10 rentals. Apparently it wasn't bad enough to stop him from doing it because he bought his second RV.

Comment

A couple of guys I work with rent their campers. Apparently they are booked up for at least 6 months. It sounds like the majority of renters will come pick them up from my coworker and haul them wherever they are going themselves. Not sure how the liability/insurance works with that but it sounds like he is covered in case of a wreck or anything like that. Overall it sounds like a pretty decent gig.

Comment

I had a friend that rented his out. Now he has 4, lol.

Seems to work pretty well if done right. I can see how he gets his out.

Comment

Great info.

I would only want it a handful of times a year and if it makes a little money then great lol

RVShare I believe handles lost everything as far as liability and what not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I rented a RV from rvshare this summer
                Lot of the same ones on rvshare arek. That other RV site as well
                But the fees are different

My rental was smooth sailing
                Didn't need rvshare to intervene for anything

Comment

We rented one through outdoorsy.com last year and it worked great. Guy that rented it to us was really happy with how everything worked.

Comment

We rented one when our brides quarters was being remodeled for a wedding, Nice 5th wheel and I preferred it over the bride or grooms quarters. Guy delivered and set up, only problem was his ad said it had a generator and it didn't and I didn't have time to add a plug so ran and bought a generator which I wanted anyway. He delivered, set up and picked up and made $400 I think, had him dump gray water in pasture.

Comment

My boss is renting one in a few weeks from Outdoorsy. They are doing an motorcoach. They get 200 (free) miles a day and then a fee on top of that. Outdoorsy requires them to purchase insurance through them. Seems like a reasonable deal for them.

Comment

I rented a Class C for a week from a nice old guy in Waxahachie. Drove it all the way to Phoenix and back to bring my wife back to Texas. Was a new experience for me and her as well. All in all it was very easy (obviously this is from a renter's perspective)
                        The guy we rented from was a retired preacher, and he said that RV share had been a godsend to he and his wife, and more than paid the note on the RV.

Comment

I have been considering renting out my bumper pull when not using it but as much stuff as we keep in it not sure it’s worth emptying/loading back up every time

Comment

Good question OP, I have same questions. Thanks to all who posted good information.

Comment

I rent campers on RV share. Have used it many times. I rent from one guy about three times a year. He’s close to my lease and the camper is nice. Guy is a friend now. Even at $100/night I’m money ahead on repairs and storage

Comment

Working...
                              X