• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dons seafood was killer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
      I’m not eating seafood
      The GOM with freshest shrimp and local farm raised crawfish are only 20 minutes from Lafayette. You ain’t gonna get sick eating seafood in Laffy

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
        The GOM with freshest shrimp and local farm raised crawfish are only 20 minutes from Lafayette. You ain’t gonna get sick eating seafood in Laffy

That picture is way old. We haven’t ran those tractors in 10 years and that back trailer is a really old logo. Our drivers break crap with the best of them.

Comment

Taxpayers raised hell and the red light cameras were all removed & taken down
          Good! My radar detector never stopped.

Comment

Johnson’s Boucaniere makes some killer breakfast stuff as well some great sandwiches for lunch. Their chicken and sausage gumbo is to die for but only available October thru about February. Since COVID I think they pushed the open time back to 10 AM. Great food and a cool vibe.

Comment

where to start. So many great places to stumble into.

Comment

Originally posted by cvanbrunt View Post
                Dons seafood was killer

This, get the jacked up oysters!

Comment

Prejeans or any place Blake recommends!

Comment

That picture is way old. We haven’t ran those tractors in 10 years and that back trailer is a really old logo. Our drivers break crap with the best of them.

You work for Ben E Keith? They are one of my vendors for my restaurant.

Comment

If your looking for breakfast I suggest the Rusted Rooster on your way out of town tomorrow.

Comment

riding solo or with the fam ?

https://bontempsgrill.com/

I'll edit and post more food options shortly , what you hungry for ?
                        Honestly....It begins and ends right here.

Comment

I’m at a holiday inn about 1 mile south of I-10.

BTW, my deer lease has better roads than this town.

I worked in that area for 8 months and you ain't lying about the roads.

Comment

Go get you some boudin at Chops in the morning. You'll thank me later.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
                              You work for Ben E Keith? They are one of my vendors for my restaurant.

I do. I am in town changing the modems out of the trucks for our yard in Henderson. I’m on my way to do Hammond next. I’ve Ben with BEK for 14 years, this is my 4th position and favorite so far.

Comment

Honestly, Prejean's is not in the top 10 of Cajun food restaurants in Lafayette. Food quality has depreciated over the years, new ownership within the last 9 months, select menu items have been removed, and long time established recipes have been modified. People from out of town can't tell the difference because they may have only eaten there a few times. The food is still Okay ~ good, just not GREAT. This often happens when a restaurant loses an award winning chef, and there is turnover in the kitchen.

Prejean's was my "go to" recommendation for a long time, and I even had my wedding rehearsal dinner there 23 years ago. Enjoyed dinner a half dozen times with other TBH'ers passing through town. I haven't eaten at Prejean's in 5-6 years since there are many new restaurants in the Acadiana area that take Cajun food to a whole new level.

I won't tell people to NOT eat at Prejean's, since it's a locally owned business and that's good for the Lafayette economy. Just my .02 from someone that has lived here for 30+ yrs. and likes to eat
                                That sucks. I went several years back and it was great. I ordered half the menu! The cardinal sauce was something I had never had before. Reminded my of K Paul's.

Comment

Working...
                                X