X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. I got my sugar cube too.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
      I was about 5 or 6 so early 60’s I remember after church lining up at a neighborhood school with a bunch of people. They handed you a little paper cup with a sugar cube in it. I also knew several adults my parents age who were crippled from polio as a child. Any of you older guys still have a scar from the smallpox vaccine they used to give?

I was a little before you as I remember getting the injection vaccine 3 times. Also got the smallpox vac. and have the scar to prove it.
      I had what my parents called a 'mild' case of polio. To this day my right leg is a little less muscle than my left and my right foot is a full shoe size less than my left. As a child my parents would have to buy two pairs of shoes for me. One shoe of one size and one of the other size. Had several boxes of odd shoes, brand new, that would go in the trash.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        I was about 5 or 6 so early 60’s I remember after church lining up at a neighborhood school with a bunch of people. They handed you a little paper cup with a sugar cube in it. I also knew several adults my parents age who were crippled from polio as a child. Any of you older guys still have a scar from the smallpox vaccine they used to give?
        Yep, I remember the cube and the scar. I got mine at school. Got test for TB also.

Comment

Did the cube. Got the scar.

Comment

Spice up your party with Flaming Lime Drop shots; a fiery combination of tequila, lime, and 151 rum that'll light up your taste buds!

Everybody knows it’s for a flaming lime drop shot

Comment

Got all the vaccines as a kid. Still have the SP scar on my arm.

Comment

I ate a whole bottle of baby aspirin as a kid and had my stomach pumped. Those were little sugar flavored pills. The LSD angle is bringing back some memories. Not that I know much about that. [emoji41]

Comment

Working...
                X