My dream ranch going up for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dream ranch going up for sale

I have been blessed for the last 14 years to have been able to own and work on creating my 400 acre HF dream ranch in East Texas. It has been the source of countless life time memories for family, friends and myself, both from hunting and just enjoying the gorgeous landscape.

The ranch has gone from just thick woods to a place with great roads, fishing lake, water controlled duck and gator ponds, and 50 acres of food plots.

I have enjoyed with many TBHers pursuing the WT, Axis and Stags that roam the ranch. Sometimes we won, sometimes they did, but it was always a great time.

My grand children were able to participate in a week long Camp Grandpa each summer with just me and them. Their Mom's thought I was crazy to have four little ones here. They learned about Nature, how to fish, find sheds, cattail torches, hunt scorpions, gig frogs etc, etc, etc.

Time moves on for us all and it is time for a new chapter for me. The plan is to sell the ranch, and live part time in Texas and part time in FL. I have missed the flats fishing, after guiding there for 40 years. Conroe area in Tx and Mims area in FL.

Will be sure to be in TX for the TBH crappiethon and Bownanza. I am thankful for all the friends, I now have through TBH.

Best wishes for you going forward. Sounds like you have a great place.

Comment

GLWTS enjoy yourself

Comment

Originally posted by J Loves Huntin View Post
        GLWTS enjoy yourself
        Thank you, went up on Whitetail Properties today

Comment

I bet that’s a tough decision to have to make but you’re blessed to have that problem!

Comment

Good luck in your future endeavors. BTW where did you retire from?

Comment

Good Luck Rick! Hope it all works out for you!

Comment

Good luck man. Get back down there in Benny Blanco’s neck of the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by Firefyter View Post
                  Good luck in your future endeavors. BTW where did you retire from?
                  I worked 25 years at Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue, retired as Deputy Chief of Ops

Then hired as Deputy Chief for Broward Sheriffs Office Fire Rescue for 10 years

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                    Good luck man. Get back down there in Benny Blanco’s neck of the woods.
                    Benny is a good friend of mine. I will get down to Flamingo and Key West a few times a year. But, will be by the Indian river, Mosquito lagoon area with another long time friend, Flip Pallot.

Comment

NO!!!!

I never made it back-I guess I will just have to drag Jason with me to go fishing with you

Comment

Good luck Rick. Someone is going to get a wonderful place.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                          Good Luck Rick! Hope it all works out for you!
                          Thank you

Will be back to the land of no green heads, but plenty of mottled and tree ducks. Lol. Will still be doing trips to AR and OK too.

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
                            NO!!!!

I never made it back-I guess I will just have to drag Jason with me to go fishing with you
                            I am going to make sure the new place has lots of room for visitors!

We know how to catch reds, trout, snook and tarpon! Come on down

Comment

Can you post a link to it so we can see the place?

Comment

Working...
                              X