Quail hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quail hunting

Headed quail hunting south of Abilene this weekend. Do I need a migratory bird endorsement? Also are there lots of quail in this area. This will be my first trip hunting quail with dogs. I'm just waiting on 4:00 and will be west bound.

No they aren't migratory, you won't need the endorsement.

Comment

Originally posted by COPPERHEAD View Post
      Headed quail hunting south of Abilene this weekend. Do I need a migratory bird endorsement? Also are there lots of quail in this area. This will be my first trip hunting quail with dogs. I'm just waiting on 4:00 and will be west bound.
      quail are not a migratory game bird.

Comment

I can't talk about Abilene area, but just south of Wichita falls they are few and far between.
        No migratory stamp needed!

Comment

Rough year from what I've heard... All day walk for a covey or two

Comment

Unfortunate you probably won’t need many shells either. Quail numbers were awful this year out in our part of the SE panhandle

Comment

Where abouts are you going? I know you said south of Abilene but like how far south

Comment

You don't need migratory but you will need upland stamp

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                  Unfortunate you probably won’t need many shells either. Quail numbers were awful this year out in our part of the SE panhandle
                  This is the story all across TX this year, unless you are going to be shooting pen raised birds

Comment

We usually see a few coveys on our lease in Coleman. Did not see any at all this year. Good luck

Comment

Working...
                    X