Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sweet gun setup dude.

Comment

sweet varmint rig man

Comment

Originally posted by Ttechhunter View Post
        Just bought a SPS tact. And I'm lookin to put a digital camo pattern on the stock. U guys recommend this? Or should I just buy a diff stock?
        I would replace the stock. The factory Hogue stock is not that great. And I don't think the dipping adheres well to the rubber overmold stock.

Look at www.stockysstocks.com. The Bell & Carlson line is a nice stock for a decent price.
        Last edited by Mike D; 12-27-2010, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          I would replace the stock. The factory Hogue stock is not that great. And I don't think the dipping adheres well to the rubber overmold stock.

Look at www.stockysstocks.com. The Bell & Carlson line is a nice stock for a decent price.
          I would LOVE to find a stock for a right handed action and left handed shooter. too bad they dont sell em . i think im going to get something better for my stevens 22-250 soon. that stock stock SUCKS

holy crap found one from boyds!

Godsend
          Last edited by Tommyh; 12-27-2010, 04:21 PM.

Comment

What is the best red dot scope to get. I'm going to be using it at night mostly

Comment

Originally posted by deercrazy View Post
              hands down

Comment

Just weighed it. 12.4 pounds unloaded with the can on it. Should be in the mid to low 13's with ten in the clip. Perfect weight for a fighting gun! Actually without the can it is very light. Shave off another pound there. Heck of a build for my first one. I'm very pleased with how it came out. Sighting it in this week and this weekend.

Comment

Nice looking gun Travis.

Comment

Just fired the first round through and it is real close to my 22 can. I am very impressed with how quiet it is. Wow.

Comment

Been lurking on this thread for a while, and never posted. Have concerns about posting on the web, but cant resist any longer. Here are some of my "black" rifles.

The bolt gun is a 700 .270 that was my wedding gift from my Wife 12 years ago.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5669.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	23966591

This is my first ar project. It is a stainless DPMS lower, Nikon glass, ASA upper, don't remember the barrel mfg. crommed bolt, Chrisgunguy mil spec trigger parts set at a very light 2lbs, STI fore end, harris bi-pod, Magpul stock. I did the flutes and the comp cuts on the 22" bull barrel. It took off a little over a pound.

Name:	IMG_5670.JPG
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	23966592

Name:	IMG_5671.JPG
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	23966593

This is my STI AR. I have changed to the tubular and adjusted on the JP trigger to 2.5lbs. The barrel has also been coated to be black. The glass is Leaupold and has a C-More sps red dot on top mounted on a Larue quick detach rail. The bi-pod is a harris, and the bolt has been chrommed.

Name:	IMG_5672.JPG
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	23966594

This is my second "home brew" AR. The lower is an Eagle arms lower. The upper assembly is a Nordic components Chip McCormic trigger group set at a very crisp 2.5. Yankee hill quad rail. The front sight is a JP adjustable gassblock assembly. The flip up rear is a Troy. The sight is a 4moa Aimpoint with a pieced together Surefire light assembly on the front.

Name:	IMG_5673.JPG
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	23966595

Comment

thank you Tommyh i will check it out

Comment

Originally posted by deercrazy View Post
                          I have not so much as looked through one of the high dollar aimpoints, Acogs, or otherwise. But I did by a Vortex Strikefire and it's really cool. Just so happens I wound up with two because I'm impatient and would gladly sell you one for a hunnerd dollar bill.

Originally posted by chrisgunguy View Post
                          Been lurking on this thread for a while, and never posted. Have concerns about posting on the web, but cant resist any longer. Here are some of my "black" rifles.

The bolt gun is a 700 .270 that was my wedding gift from my Wife 12 years ago.
                          [ATTACH]209361[/ATTACH]

This is my first ar project. It is a stainless DPMS lower, Nikon glass, ASA upper, don't remember the barrel mfg. crommed bolt, Chrisgunguy mil spec trigger parts set at a very light 2lbs, STI fore end, harris bi-pod, Magpul stock. I did the flutes and the comp cuts on the 22" bull barrel. It took off a little over a pound.
                          [ATTACH]209362[/ATTACH]
                          [ATTACH]209363[/ATTACH]

This is my STI AR. I have changed to the tubular and adjusted on the JP trigger to 2.5lbs. The barrel has also been coated to be black. The glass is Leaupold and has a C-More sps red dot on top mounted on a Larue quick detach rail. The bi-pod is a harris, and the bolt has been chrommed.
                          [ATTACH]209364[/ATTACH]

This is my second "home brew" AR. The lower is an Eagle arms lower. The upper assembly is a Nordic components Chip McCormic trigger group set at a very crisp 2.5. Yankee hill quad rail. The front sight is a JP adjustable gassblock assembly. The flip up rear is a Troy. The sight is a 4moa Aimpoint with a pieced together Surefire light assembly on the front.
                          [ATTACH]209365[/ATTACH]
                          Chris, those are all nice rigs, but that 1st AR made it move! Theoreticly speaking of course.....what would a "Chrisgunguy" trigger massaging cost me?

Comment

Sweet guns Chris!!

Comment

I ended up just going the semi-cheap collapsible stock route with a RRA 6 position. Now, i'm looking for a quadrail system for my carbine length upper. What does the tacticool family think i should get? Before you start throwing out $200+ parts keep in mind i'm a frugal college student. In the mean time, i thought i'd share the piece my dad got me for my 21st. I know its not tacticooled out but it's a start.. I don't have any pics of my FN Special .308 or my AR or i'd share those.

Edit: i got a Midwest Industries 2 piece
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by BoomerBucks; 12-28-2010, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Dale,

I bought an accurizing wedge for my AR because the play was driving me crazy. It took some very minor fitting (Shaving slivers off w/ razor blade) to get it just right. It tightened it right up!

Comment

Working...
                                X