Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just bought a rifle and I need to put a Milspec buffer on it to fit my Magpul Stock that is milspec diameter. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Liberty06 View Post
      I just bought a rifle and I need to put a Milspec buffer on it to fit my Magpul Stock that is milspec diameter. Any suggestions?
      they have mil spec tubes and commercial tubes, but the buffers themselves are all the same ..

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
        they have mil spec tubes and commercial tubes, but the buffers themselves are all the same ..
        I meant buffer tube not buffer, I have a commercial buffer tube and need a milspec tube to fit my stock.

I was wanting suggestions for a good cost effective milspec tube to replace it with.

Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

I meant buffer tube not buffer, I have a commercial buffer tube and need a milspec tube to fit my stock.

I was wanting suggestions for a good cost effective milspec tube to replace it with.

Sorry for the confusion.
          midway usa......this one is $17, but they go up to around $50 depending on manufacturer.

Comment

the mil-spec tube diameter is 1.15 and commercial is 1.17 ... just go with major manufacturer and you'll be ok .. depending on how much you wanna spend.. or you can get the compete magpul kit .. I get my stuff from DSGarms.com ,they are a big magpul dealer, but I get special pricing ... find one u like and google best price delivered... my 2c.

I like the one that came on my PWS .. it's on ebay for $75 delivered .. has built in sling points too .. super nice finish , but pricey ..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PWS-Enhanced...#ht_500wt_1202

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1005 View Post
              midway usa......this one is $17, but they go up to around $50 depending on manufacturer.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/937...aluminum-matte

Is that UTM buffer tube any good? Will it be a good fit?

Comment

I have no personal experience with it, but it seems to have good reviews. The price jumps pretty quickly past that tube and if I needed one I couldn't justify spending $50 on a tube. I just say Cheaper than Dirt has it for $15 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1005 View Post
                  I have no personal experience with it, but it seems to have good reviews. The price jumps pretty quickly past that tube and if I needed one I couldn't justify spending $50 on a tube. I just say Cheaper than Dirt has it for $15 as well.
                  Is the stock wrench a necessary tool to get the tube off? I've never taken one off before.

Comment

yes.......it makes life alot easier, get an armorer's guide to the AR15 while you're at it, pictures are always a good thing, because there is a spring and detent that will fly across the room if you're not careful, speaking from experience on that one.

Comment

$15 cheap Chinese part... you get what you pay for ..but i'm sure it will fit

Comment

if the stock was purchased new, i was ask the vendor if you could return it and get the entire kit instead. otherwise, hit ar15.com EE and find them there used.

Comment

Lot's of good info, thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                            What brand do you want?
                            just dont want another Blackthorne Product again, it was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Longhorn1952 View Post
                              just dont want another Blackthorne Product again, it was bad.
                              For clarification, what kind of lower do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by Longhorn1952 View Post
                                Need info where to order 308 complet upers
                                CDNN has compete .308 's from cmmg for $1099

flat top, SS barrel , 2 stage trigger , color choice , fde ,OD , or black , magpul moe stock

not a bad deal really !!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X