Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Tommy

How would you rate the manufactures best to worst?

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
      Getting it from MM saves you on the tax homey. Transfer costs arent generally more than 35-50. So an 800 can would save you already, and he will come out 50-100 cheaper in most cases. Most of the time dealers are buying from Brian anyway.
      Agree, Bryon is exactly $100 cheaper on the ACC Element but by the time I pay (assuming) $50 for transfer and $25 for shipping and I get my local guy to come down a bit it comes out to about a $20-$25 difference. On that can, not worth the minimal savings ( i try to support my local guy when I can) plus the addition 3-4 weeks for the dealer to dealer Form 3 transfer time.

Now on the 7.62 can I'm looking at, the difference may be enough to justify buying through MM.

Comment

mike, I bought a sdn-6 from MM and when I figure in all the cost, he blew away anyone in houston. I basically got the muzzle device for free..

Comment

Ok everyone I am new to the thread but I am building an AR and would like your thoughts.
          Lower: Magpul MOE stock in dark earth, Plumb crazy stripped lower, dark earth pistol grip(not sure which kind yet), magpul pmag in dark earth and a standard trigger.
          Upper:
          Wilson 6.8 spc II 16" stainless barrel, some type of quad rail(don't know which to get?), and I think I am going to top it with a leupold 4-12x40 mark I. So what do yall think?
          PS future add ons will be: Muzzle brake, RRA two stage trigger(cant think of any now im sure I will think of some later)

Comment

I would stay away from the quad rail, too heavy. I would stick with something like the Troy battlerail.....personally I'd go with the 13" over a lopro gas block because I don't like having alot of barrel exposed and with a suppressor on the end it looks more balanced with the longer barrel. They make them in 7",9",11", or 13", so you can get it however you want and put 2", 3.2", 4.2", or 5.4" where you need them instead of having the extra weight of a full 4-rail handguard. Below is the link to the 13" version. Other than that it looks like you'll have a good setup. Ofcourse the latest cartridge choice seems to be 300BLK over the 6.8, but they do different things, if you ever want to go quiet you might want to look at 300BLK over 6.8, but 6.8 is a great cartridge in it's own right. I also like 300BLK because it will work in 5.56 magazines, whereas 6.8 requires it's own magazines, just one less thing to stock pile and keep track of which magazines go with which caliber.

Comment

Wow, don't know why I haven't noticed this thread before, I am in the process of building an AR right now! So far all I have done is put the stag arms parts kit in a spikes tactical lower

Comment

I was thinking about using the troy battle rail but wasn't sure, I think I will now though!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowmansam View Post
                  I was thinking about using the troy battle rail but wasn't sure, I think I will now though!
                  If you're not in a hurry, sign up for emails on Troy's website. They email out coupon codes from time to time. I picked up one on a Cyber Monday deal for 25% off and free shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowmansam View Post
                    My roomate has one on his 6.8 and I have a quad rail. The weight difference is significant

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      If you're not in a hurry, sign up for emails on Troy's website. They email out coupon codes from time to time. I picked up one on a Cyber Monday deal for 25% off and free shipping.
                      Im not in to much of a hurry but im having someone else buy it for me at a discounted price and they are building the AR for me. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Comment

This is what its going to kinda look like:

Comment

Yes!! I got the 2500th post on this thread!! lol

Comment

Need info where to order 308 complet upers

Comment

Originally posted by Longhorn1952 View Post
                              Need info where to order 308 complet upers
                              What brand do you want?

Comment

I wanna Play...

Do yall have room for a ".223 Bushy Tottin' Rookie" decked out in Magpul skins???

Mines still fairly stock, added a Magpul stock, handguard, and grip last weekend, along with a mess of pmags filled with Z-Max, topped off with an el cheapo 6x24x42 scope...

It seems to work great for hogs, zombies, and milk juggs....

Comment

Working...
                                X