No announcement yet.

270 with muzzlebreak question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cut and re-crown. If it is available at a “great price” as stated it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
      Cut and re-crown. If it is available at a “great price” as stated it makes sense.
      This is what I'm going to do.

Comment

Bunch of drama queens. While it’s smart to use hearing protection to prevent hearing loss it doesn’t “hurt” may ring a bit but never hurts. Had lots of shots out of 300rum, 300wm, and 6.5saum all with brakes. Never had plugs hunting and never hurt

Comment

I have a 270 with a brake I love the gun no kick and supper accurate I always have shot with hearing protection so it’s not a issue with me but yes they do get louder but for me it’s worth it

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
            Bunch of drama queens. While it’s smart to use hearing protection to prevent hearing loss it doesn’t “hurt” may ring a bit but never hurts. Had lots of shots out of 300rum, 300wm, and 6.5saum all with brakes. Never had plugs hunting and never hurt
            Perhaps there is no pain but it dang sure will result in hearing loss and can be annoying for days. No drama--just don't see the allure of brakes on hunting rifles. I'll take recoil over hearing loss any day.

Comment

Yeah if you want hearing loss.

No use for a muzzle brake on any hunting caliber rifle, especially a .270. Recoil is overblown on this website. My 76 year old grandpa shoots my .300 win mag all day long with no issues or complaints of recoil. My buddies little 100 pound sister goes hunting in the mountains with a tikka t3 lite .300 win mag with no complaint of recoil.
              Last edited by Arrowthreat; 03-25-2019, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Perhaps there is no pain but it dang sure will result in hearing loss and can be annoying for days. No drama--just don't see the allure of brakes on hunting rifles. I'll take recoil over hearing loss any day.

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
                Yeah if you want hearing loss.

No use for a muzzle brake on any hunting caliber rifle, especially a .270. Recoil is overblown on this website. My 76 year old grandpa shoots my .300 win mag all day long with no issues or complaints of recoil. My buddies little 100 pound sister goes hunting in the mountains with a tikka t3 lite .300 win mag with no complaint of recoil.
                Ummm yea that’s why I said it’s smart to wear hearing protection to prevent hearing loss

The allure is spotting shots at distance. If hunting from a box at 100yds they’re pointless

Comment

Ummm yea that’s why I said it’s smart to wear hearing protection to prevent hearing loss

The allure is spotting shots at distance. If hunting from a box at 100yds they’re pointless
                  I'm not trying to be argumentative, but how does having a muzzle brake give you any advantage on a distance shot?

Comment

Originally posted by Arrow threat View Post
                    I'm not trying to be argumentative, but how does having a muzzle brake give you any advantage on a distance shot?
                    You can spot impact much better.

Comment

You also said, "Had lots of shots out of 300rum, 300wm, and 6.5saum all with brakes. Never had plugs hunting and never hurt." If you are cool with hearing loss, and realize it is not smart, happy hunting. Seems like hearing protection and using a brake are not mutually exclusive. . . especially if shooting long distance.

Comment

You also said, "Had lots of shots out of 300rum, 300wm, and 6.5saum all with brakes. Never had plugs hunting and never hurt." If you are cool with hearing loss, and realize it is not smart, happy hunting. Seems like hearing protection and using a brake are not mutually exclusive. . . especially if shooting long distance.
                        I don’t continue to shoot that way.

Comment

Lots of hate for muzzle brakes on TBH. Unless it has a suppressor, I use plugs no matter what gun I'm hunting with.

I love muzzle brakes on rifles where a suppressor isn't practical..or not an option for whatever reason. I like the reduction in recoil. It makes me a better shooter. And I like being able to see my impacts in the scope.

When hunting I carry a set of cheap foam plus in my pack. Muzzle brake or not, I take them out and stick them in before shooting. Pretty much anything above 140 decibels will ring my ears...at least the right ear.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                            I won't have a break on any rifle. I rather it kick the crap out of me than cause me to go deaf
                            But they look so cool...

Comment

Working...
                            X